Wedding Woes

Do NOT use The Vanlandingham Estate

I chose this venu for the location, charm, and price. The staff have been utterly unhelpful for my wedding thus far, and I wish I had known how horrible they would be before I paid the $400 non-refundable deposit and sent out my invitations. They had good reviews online at the time I booked, but the staff changed a few months before my wedding. Now I feel like I'm going to tear my hair out. 

They wouldn't let me choose my menu until two months before the wedding, making it impossible for me to put menu options on my invitations. They also will not provide a tasting for my menu, saying that they do tastings at set times during the year instead of for each bride. I booked the venue right after their fall tasting, and their next tasting is after my wedding! 

After I was able to choose my menu, they informed me that the chef must know what each of my guests is eating two weeks before the wedding. This is stated absolutely NOWHERE in my contract, and I wouldn't have been able to put menu choices on my reply cards anyway because I didn't get my menu until long after I sent the invitations. I am now being forced to either change my menu to a buffet or send awkward emails/calls to all of my guests to figure out what they want to eat! 

BRIDES BEWARE!

Re: Do NOT use The Vanlandingham Estate

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards