July 2012 Weddings
Options

Do babies get a seat at the table?

I know this was discussed before but I can't remember. There will only be 2 babies.... one is 1 year old and the other is around 8 months. I know moms sometimes prefer to travel with their strollers and let that be their baby's seat, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to plan for a chair at the table for baby's car seat to go?

One mom I'm almost positive she'll bring her stroller and sit baby there because she did at the last wedding we went to. So I doubt I'll need to include baby in the seating plan. But I'm not too sure about the other mom. She'd be traveling from another city and I have no idea whether they'd come with their stroller or not. Would it be best to just ask?

Re: Do babies get a seat at the table?

• Options
    Personally I would just ask.

At that young the are normally still in the car seat carrier and some parents just keep them in that and put them on the floor.  other parents may want a high chair since they are also old enough to sit up so I would just ask! Nothing wrong with that!
  • Options
    Yeah, ditto Colleen. Ask the parents what they want. You def shouldn't be paying your caterer for them, but they may need a chair to set the car seat on or something so you'll want to be prepared.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would just ask the parents what they prefer.
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I would give them a seat. It's a good place for the parents to put all the stuff babies come with! Also, even if you don't have an actual chair have a space so the people at the table aren't crowded.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    I made the decision that a child under 1 will NOT get a seat. I spoke with everyone who had a baby and let them know this. They all said that it was just fine and they didnt need a seat anyway. Children 2 and older rsvp'd with meal and they are able to sit in a seat.
    pregnancy calendar
  • Options
    Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Hmm sounds good. Once I contact them for RSVPs, I'll ask :) Thanks guys!
  • Options
    I was wondering the same thing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards