Wedding Woes
Options

diapers

how closely do you follow the weight range on the box?

wolverine is just under 20lbs and is wearing 3s  (16-28lbs, Pampers)

i'm wondering for stock up purposes if it would be worthwhile to get any 4s, or just get, say 2 more boxes of 3s, figuring she'll need them for at least the next 3-4 months.

Re: diapers

• Options
    I get the smallest size possible that they won't leak out of.  Their weight gain slows down significantly around this time.  I say stick with the 2s for a few more boxes.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2012
    DefConn's just over 20lbs and wearing 4's because 3's started to look like thongs on him. And that's weird because he has no butt.   Besides having no butt, he's a solid kid.

ETA: And he was leaking out a lot at night and if he had a big poo.
  • Options
    We use Huggies overnights.
  • Options
    huggies seem to run smaller than pampers overall.
  • Options
    We were uppping sizes constantly but I grabbed 4's when there was a kickass sale but we're in 3's indefinately...
    I tink if you have a 'small' kid, they follow well.  Can't speak for 'big' kids
  • Options
    DD was a chunk and still is.  We were always in a size up from the recommended weight on the box.
    imageimage
  • Options
    In Response to Re: diapers:
    [QUOTE}i dont think huggies is all that great for most boys.
    Posted by Wifezzilla[/QUOTE]

This. We had to stop using Huggies fairly early on because of this.

A is about 25lbs and wears Pampers Cruisers size 4's.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    My ILs got us a shitton of 3s but M isn't even 16lbs yet. But they seem to work. When I buy I still get 2s but have the 3s on hand (they go to daycare). When she was born she was in newborn size for a long time but we could make 1s work if we had to.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I also agree that huggies seem to run smaller than pampers, but I've had better experiences with huggies over the last 2.5 years.  I do like Pampers Cruisers for DD1 since she's gotten into size 5s but otherwise I buy huggies.

ETA:  I don't ever pay attention to the weight on the boxes.  I just buy the next size when it's clear we're ready for them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards