Wedding Woes
Options

@$%^ H and his eagle scout ways

He replaced the light bulbs in the office 2 days ago. Now we have 2 normal bulbs and one CFL, which puts out this weird bluish light that looks weird, and extra weird since it's only 1/3 of the light.

This fecker's going to last forever, too, isn't it?

Re: @$%^ H and his eagle scout ways

• Options
    Simple solution - switch the other two bulbs to the CFL ones and then the illumination put off by all of them together won't seem odd because it will be the same.

Save the other two bulbs for emergencies or put them some place where there aren't multiple light sources at once.
  • Options
    But the other two won't so you'll be matchy matchy again soon.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_h-his-eagle-scout-ways?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:c9489773-2028-469f-bd73-b000208589a9Post:d75b0d8e-0906-40fc-a8e0-ff69f0802a6f">@$%^ H and his eagle scout ways</a>:
    [QUOTE]This fecker's going to last forever, too, isn't it?
    Posted by DG1[/QUOTE]

Only as long as the fixture doesn't have a tragic, accidental accimident with a broomhandle.  Very very hard.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I think we have some funky electrical wiring in this house because we have burned out several CFLs already.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Our CFL's don't last any longer than the regular ones.
  • Options

I am also unimpressed with the length of CFL life in our household.

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_h-his-eagle-scout-ways?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:c9489773-2028-469f-bd73-b000208589a9Post:b4e3214e-2734-452f-9d1d-f9f6f2e1aba8">Re: @$%^ H and his eagle scout ways</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to @$%^ H and his eagle scout ways : Only as long as the fixture doesn't have a tragic, accidental accimident with a broomhandle.  Very very hard.
    Posted by dharmabunny[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, don't do this. You need HazMat to clean that sht up, apparently. 
  • Options
    CFLs are horrendous.  try the LED instead I hear they are not as "office" lighting...and baconsmom is right I believe there is mercury in the cfls don't break it!
    Visit The Nest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards