Wedding Woes
Options

Aunt Flow!!!!

So I am exactly one month and one day from wearing a white wedding dress and aunt flow just came into town!!! I really hope my body isn't on schedule for next month!!! Any other brides in this situation??? I was hoping to wear some sexy little undies for my man under that dress, but now I may have to wear a diaper to ensure no leakage happens!!! HELP!

Re: Aunt Flow!!!!

• Options
    tampons.

or get a diva cup and appoint your slacker bridesmaid as diva cup attendant. YWIA
  • Options
    WzzWzz member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

a diaper, really? if you have periods that bad i would suggest seeing a doctor about it.

period. you can say it.

• Options
    menses.
  • Options
    In Response to Re:Aunt Flow!!!!:[QUOTE]tampons.or get a diva cup and appoint your slacker bridesmaid as diva cup attendant. YWIA Posted by Barbie[/QUOTE]

Or get KU.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I was joking about the diaper. Just exaggerating. But we've all been there ladies. tampons don't always do the job perfectly. I would be in constant fear of leaking through. I just don't want to have to deal with it, especially while wearing a white dress

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_aunt-flow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:c9d4a28e-adb3-4a53-ba10-ae95dac27402Post:851a0145-63ae-45e4-8a24-6630a0670661">Re: Aunt Flow!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]a diaper, really? if you have periods that bad i would suggest seeing a doctor about it. period. you can say it.
    Posted by Wzz[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Call your doctor and get a script for bc starting today.  Skip the week 4 sugar pills and start a new pack instead.  It isn't a guarantee but it works for most people. 

But then bc can mess with you in other ways, so maybe not something you want to start right now. 

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_aunt-flow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:c9d4a28e-adb3-4a53-ba10-ae95dac27402Post:d90cc933-d42d-481e-a7c3-70db9e889865">Aunt Flow!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I am exactly one month and one day from wearing a white wedding dress and aunt flow just came into town!!! I really hope my body isn't on schedule for next month!!! Any other brides in this situation??? I was hoping to wear some sexy little undies for my man under that dress, but now I may have to wear a diaper to ensure no leakage happens!!! HELP!
    Posted by lcastle19[/QUOTE]

I thought you were doing a shout out to a member of this board....

Anywho, you do what you always do when you have your period.  I don't understand why this is such a big deal for people.
  • Options

It's an inconvenience, but what are the chances you'll leak through a tampon, pantyliner, 642 layers of tulle, and onto your actual dress?

• Options
    WzzWzz member
    i think the diva cup is a great idea. the more i think about it, the more i wonder if it's really as squicky as i think.
  • Options
    You're absolutely right. I think I just needed to hear it from someone else. Thanks!

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_aunt-flow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:c9d4a28e-adb3-4a53-ba10-ae95dac27402Post:4b98c0cc-c4fe-44be-99b6-90a5fb658f9f">Re: Aunt Flow!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's an inconvenience, but what are the chances you'll leak through a tampon, pantyliner, 642 layers of tulle, and onto your actual dress?
    Posted by tawillers[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    I keep reading this post title and thinking Missy Flow.  
  • Options
    hell, if your dress is big enough, you could just go with the diaper. it's the one time it probably wouldn't be noticeable - and you wouldn't need to worry about trying to use the bathroom in your dress.

just get the sexy panties in a size or 2 larger and put them on over the diaper.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

When my college roommate got married, she had a UTI. Conveniently enough, her dad is a urologist and got her some meds quickly. Except the meds made her sick. And turned her puke blue. 

So yeah, on their private carriage ride after the ceremony, she was puking blue over the side and trying to keep it off of her dress. Smokin' hot. 

I think she would have traded just about anything to have had a regular ol' period instead.

• Options
    DG, that might be able to take the black of the head in the lap story.  B/c I laughed at that, even though I felt totally horrible about doing it.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    How have we never heard the blue puke story.  That's fantastic.

To the OP it's an inconvenience, but it's not really something you can easily change.
  • Options
    Um, that was suppose to be "take the place of".  I have no idea how I typed black.
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_aunt-flow?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:c9d4a28e-adb3-4a53-ba10-ae95dac27402Post:9e38d019-e9c7-4d59-827b-f8a966b9f1c0">Re: Aunt Flow!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Um, that was suppose to be "take the place of".  I have no idea how I typed black.
    Posted by VarunaTT[/QUOTE]

Racist!

And I can't believe I missed this.

Seriously dude - wear a super size tampon and a pad and be done with it.
  • Options
    Hee.  

Hey Knot, get a like button so we can like posts and take out the dirty dot.

KTHXBAI!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards