Wedding Woes
Options

?

A/C man says he  is going to be at our place tonight to fix the problem. He was there yesterday, but didn't have the part. Property manager said she would be out of pocket this afternoon. I told H to tell her that if the A/C is not fixed, they are paying for us to stay in a hotel.

She said she'd do the same thing, but not to count on slumlord to reimburse us/let us deduct the amount for the hotel from our rent. Seeing as she is out of pocket, we can't get her to negotiate this for us right now. (H didn't deal with this like I would have, which is ASAP, but that is another matter. He hasn't mastered the ring of fire campaign technique.) 

FWIW - It's 2:30 here. A/C guy says he's going to be here, but I don't believe him. I do not want to ask pug rescue director to watch Jake for another day.

WWWWD?

I'm thinking we might be able to ditch Jake on another friend. However, the heat index is well over 100 and I really don't want to spend another night in a sweat lodge. We've been eating out because it is too hot to cook, so we don't really have the extra money to stay in a hotel.

Would you hedge the bet on getting reimbursed? Or should we just nut up and deal with it another day? While we can find someone to take Jake, it is much harder to find someone to take all of us.

Signed,

Overheated in the Midwest.

Re: ?

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd buck up.  I get that it's hot, but there are things you can have for dinner that don't require much/any heat.  Can you run the fan on the a/c unit or is the whole thing toast?
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited December 2011
    e-mail property manager:

Property Magaer, 
    Per our phone conversation on (date) at (time) I would just like to confirm that if the A/C is not fixed by today, that my husband I and will be forced to stay in a hotel beginning tonight, and will be charging back to (property) in the form of a reimbursement check issued by (date) or reduction in our next rent payment. We have been trying to get A/C fixed since (date) without any resolution. With the heat index at 100+ for the duration of the A/C outage, we were forced to find other accommodations for our dog, who physically cannot endure those conditions. Our lease reflects an air conditioned apartment, which has not been provided over the past (#) days; and management has not expedited resolution of this issue. In addition to reimbursement for the hotel stay, we feel that a credit should be applied to our next rent invoice to reflect the hardships we have had to endure for the past (#) days as a result of no A/C. 
    Please confirm in writing the reimbursement for the hotel, as well as the credit for the dog deposit and poor living conditions during the unair-conditioned period of time. 

Regards, 
    Dr. Min
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    6 - The whole thing is shot. The fan won't even blow. We've been sitting on two box fans for days.

Zilla - We DO have renter's insurance. That would be the path of least resistance. I'll try that before I completely plagiarize Barbie!
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    edited December 2011
    Feel free, I wrote it for you to use. 

I'd try to get reimbursed for part of the rent for the period of time the AC was out - I think you have a valid complaint there. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ZILLA - I HAVE NEVER HAD RENTERS INSURANCE BEFORE. I DO NOT KNOW THESE THINGS. I BOW TO YOUR GENIUS.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards