Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Wendesday - Confessions, AW, Vent, Open Letter....

Let it out!  Any special holiday drama?

Re: Wendesday - Confessions, AW, Vent, Open Letter....

• amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vent:  My FI called his family 4-5 times on Christmas and they never picked up.  First of all how can you not call your son on Christmas and second of all why would you not pick up your cellphone or house phone!  They make me so angry. 

I think they are just mad because we are alternating Christmas and Thanksgiving each year.  First of all our families don't live in Philly and they live 5 hours from each other.  It's not practical to spend Christmas with both families each year. 

On a better note...
    AW: When I was in Pittsburgh over Christmas I received my invitations in the mail.  I was so busy though and I forgot to take a picture.  They aren't anything crazy, I wanted something simple.  When I'm home next I'll take a picture. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

check this.  FI's family asked us to contribute to a broadway show ticket for my FMIL.  great, no problem.  so xmas day comes along, we all open our gifts. FMIL opens her gift with the ticket in it.   theres not one, not two, not even three, theres FIVE tickets in there.  one for each member, EXCLUDING us.  are you kidding me?  FSIL claimed she had asked us but we said no.   FI and I decided we are going to NYC to see our own damn show sometime in march.

October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Confession - I'm miserable, getting quite down in the dumps, certain family members take things for granted and I want to throat punch them, and I'm getting horribly depressed. I am trying not to take it out on DH but snapped the other day and feel bad. I need a vacation..

AW: Got some AWESOME news this holiday from someone and couldn't be more happy for them.

Also, I hate the winter, I hate the cold, and when everyone was complaining about it being 100, I was the only one laying enjoying the warm rays, because when it's this cold/snowy out, bleh... I hate the winter. I want to move to southern Georgia.
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Really looking forward to having Friday off!  Getting a new back windshield and heater control knob for my car, and both will be free since it's still under warranty.  I need a new windshield because every time I turn the rear defogger, it cuts out my radio signal.  Weird, huh?

I'm seeing blues legend B.B. King at Harrah's AC on NYE!
  • edited December 2011
    BP- I'm the opposite of you. I love the cold, love snow, and hate heat. When it hits 80 degrees, I'm miserable for the rest of the summer. Plus, skin cancer runs in our family, and since the rest of my family has the ability to tan, and all I do is burn, no matter what, I like winter because my regular spf 15 will work all winter. :)

Confession- I'm bored. Really bored. I have 49 pages of aged billing to work through, but I've done two so far today. Granted, I have till Monday to finish them... but even so, that means I have to do 25 today, and 25 tomorrow.

Dear FI-
    can we pleeeeeease get things settled as to where we're actually getting married??? We've got everything else planned... except for where the actual ceremony is going to occurr. That's the most important part!
    -<3 your loving fi.

Dear Lady at starbucks every morning-
    stop being such a biitch. So, I get hot chocolate instead of coffee. It's because I have no microwave and cold coffee tastes gross. Cold hot chocolate tastes like chocolate milk.
    -me

Vent- i might be pms-ing. a little.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess I stayed out entirely too late last night and I am insanely exhausted. I passed out on the train this morning and woke up just in time for my stop. I don't remember the last time I was this sleepy.

On a happier note, my birthday was so much fun! And my boss is out today so I can probably get out of here a little earlier than usual :-)
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

AW: DH LOVED his Phillies tickets and was totally blown away by them.

Related AW: He got me a Carlos Ruiz jersey for Christmas and I already can't wait to wear it!!

Vent: I am grumpy that DH is off all week and I am back to work today and tomorrow. GRRR!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    BP, feel better.  I know how you feel and it sucks.  I get the winter blues but usually not until late January, early February once the holdays are all over. 

Vent:  I wish I made more money.  I'm sick of DH coming to me with all of these fancy ideas of things we should do.  Thing is, he can afford for himself to do these things and just assumes that I can too, even though he knows my income.    He can sprlurge on things and still save money.  If I sprlurge, I don't save.  It really upsets me a lot.   When I say "I can't afford that"  he just looks at me like I just don't want to do it or something and it makes me feel bad.  He doesn't understand that even though I work like a maniac, the return isn't very big.
    Photobucket
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wendesday-confessions-aw-vent-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:0a68348c-b41b-44a5-bd66-f7ce38df4bfePost:b45a38dd-4f34-47ee-89af-101cd4be3c60">Re: Wendesday - Confessions, AW, Vent, Open Letter....</a>:
    [QUOTE]AW: DH LOVED his Phillies tickets and was totally blown away by them. Related AW: He got me a Carlos Ruiz jersey for Christmas and I already can't wait to wear it!! <strong>Vent: I am grumpy that DH is off all week and I am back to work today and tomorrow. GRRR!
    </strong>Posted by Madam A[/QUOTE]

Ditto. But I had work yesterday and today. Waking up and seeing FI so peacefully sleeping makes me a big grumper haha.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I confess I may have been making extra noise in the morning since DH gets to sleep in and I don't!
  • edited December 2011
    nicole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    madam-  yay! glad to hear he loved them! (who wouldnt?) 

I confess I'll be sad to retire my werth jersey and find a new player to love :(

BP- Hang in there! Learn to love hoodies and appreciate hoodies and movie/wine nights on the couch when its too cold to go out-- it may help you get by.

Dear jackiebeans FSIL and family: that was not cool.
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wendesday-confessions-aw-vent-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:0a68348c-b41b-44a5-bd66-f7ce38df4bfePost:674d3ac8-284f-4c5e-a037-faf3dc64f8ce">Re: Wendesday - Confessions, AW, Vent, Open Letter....</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I may have been <strong>making extra noise in the morning since DH gets to sleep in and I don't!
    </strong>Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

Story of my life. HAHA
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wendesday-confessions-aw-vent-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:0a68348c-b41b-44a5-bd66-f7ce38df4bfePost:f1e6865b-b1b2-473a-87a7-ef1bbb6968bd">Re: Wendesday - Confessions, AW, Vent, Open Letter....</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wendesday - Confessions, AW, Vent, Open Letter.... : Story of my life. HAHA
    Posted by Madam A[/QUOTE]

I do the same thing all summer long too ;)
  • edited December 2011
    Vent: I'm very annoyed that we get stuck at work until really late at night all the time.  Last night, we didn't get home until 8:30.  On Christmas Eve Eve, everyone left at 2:00 and Gzilla was stuck here until 10:30.  It sucks.

AW: Even though I have no idea what it is... I'm really excited that I have "The Cloud" on my new computer.

Jackie--that's horrible.  Did you pitch in for the tickets, too?  That's just not fair that you get to pay for all of them to go to NYC.  When you do go in March, do one of 2 things.  Either join www.theatremania.com so you can buy discounted tickets (it's free) or go to the TKTS Booth on 42nd Street and wait in line to buy tickets.  You have to pay cash, but they're way cheaper.  The only thing about TKTS is that you can't have your heart set on a certain show, because they don't have tickets for all the shows.  And some of the more popular ones (like Wicked) sell out.  So get there EARLY.  Like 8am.  We used to do that in college ALL the time.  Take a bus to NYC, stay on someone's couch, wake up butt early to go to TKTS and see a random show.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wendesday-confessions-aw-vent-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:0a68348c-b41b-44a5-bd66-f7ce38df4bfePost:a3f72948-0a1d-49fd-86b5-d53403a3fa87">Re: Wendesday - Confessions, AW, Vent, Open Letter....</a>:
    [QUOTE]or go to the TKTS Booth on 42nd Street and wait in line to buy tickets. [/QUOTE]

Ditto this, but I recommend the TKTS booth near the South Street Seaport.  It doesn't have the annoying stampede of tourists and they have tickets for same-day shows.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
     I always forget about that second booth!

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I want to confess that I've been a moody b!tch lately.  I've been super emotional and it's driving me crazy.  I think my job is making me so miserable that it's messing with my energy level.  At least 3 times a work day, I want to just walk out the door and never look back on that place.  I have to figure out something else for myself but it's just so hard to start over.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    we are 100% using TKTS.  we do not have our heart set on any particular show so we should be good. FMIL was really cute about it though, she offered to find us tickets to join them but we politely declined. 

RA- what is the cloud you speak of?
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It's something on WIndows 7.  I have no idea what it is.. but on their commercials, it's someone trying to network with someone else and they say "TO THE CLOUD!" and then it's like skype?  I probably should google it or something.  I'm excited that I have it... but I have no idea what it is, or how to use it.

When it gets closer to when you're going... I'll have to see if there's anything amazing out there that no one is seeing.  Those are always the best shows to go to.  That's how I got to see 9 to 5 on Broadway.  The BEST show that no one saw... and it's a shame that show closed because it was incredible.  It was the first time I had ever seen the OBC on anything before.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    Vent - I went to the Post Office to send out my passport for my name change.  Forms all filled out in advance, old passport and marriage cert in hand, and it still took me 30mins to get out of there.  WTF?  The lady behind the counter just had to take my pic and add the postage.  Grrrrrrrr.
  • edited December 2011

i will keep you posted, but i know it will defintiely be the weekend of march 5 =)

Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    I wish i had friends near me. I need to get out of the house tongiht and would love to go Hibachi or something, but no one lives around me.

I'm having a pitty party for myself today aparently.
  • edited December 2011
    BP - I'm not too far away, if you ever want to get out - let me know! There is a hibachi (Ooka) in Montgomeryville (about 5-10 min. from the bowling alley). I'm always up for a reason to go there!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    edited December 2011
    Is that the one right off of 611 in willow grove? that's the only one I know of. And the Ooka past t he Abington hosiptal, in I want to say Jenkintown, but that's a hibachi.
  • edited December 2011
    No, this one is on 309 right by the montgomeryville mall.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I literally can not keep my eyes open. How is it not even noon yet? I've been thinking of crawling under my desk for a nice nap. I would fit perfectly and no one would be able to see me haha ;-)
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wendesday-confessions-aw-vent-open-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:0a68348c-b41b-44a5-bd66-f7ce38df4bfePost:8878bf64-a15e-4c12-8b51-01f3d6e26f6a">Re: Wendesday - Confessions, AW, Vent, Open Letter....</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, this one is on 309 right by the montgomeryville mall.
    Posted by jennyinyellow[/QUOTE]

I have no clue where the montcomeryville mall even is haha. let me google
  • edited December 2011

If you turned right out of the bowling alley we had the G2G at, it is about 5-10 min. down County Line road. Turn Left onto Upper State Road and that will bring you to 202/309.

• edited December 2011
    BP - I'm your neighb! :)
    Let me know if you ever want to get out and I'll gladly oblige.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards