Wedding Woes
Options

tacky birthdays 2

baby mo is going to be 2 in a month.  i am making all of the part successories: invites, decorations, etc.

the paper stuff, the part that i love Love LOVE, is a giant pita.  i have to make it all on powerpoint like the amish because my stupid home computer doesn't have the necessary software and dh doesn't want to spend $300 on photoshop (because he doesn't love me).

Re: tacky birthdays 2

• Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Well, for the one-time thing, you can download the 30-day free trial and use that. :)

That won't help next year, though.

• Options
    Theme?
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012

Hehe.  We do invites for 1 and nothing else.

ETA: The amish would just pay an Englishman or have someone that jumped the fence do it.  I will not be watching the new TLC show unless I want to torture my kids.

• Options

But invites are FUN! 

At least, I have approximately 0 other opportunities to do anything remotely creative.

• Options
    i love invites and papery things.  our wedding invites cost more than my dress.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_tacky-birthdays-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:cfe3b3f4-69e6-4283-ab46-42fbb62048a9Post:b4114c30-8b41-43af-bbdb-dc53d7c0a56d">Re: tacky birthdays 2</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hehe.  We do invites for 1 and nothing else.
    Posted by 6fsn[/QUOTE]

We've decided, since we'll only have one kid, we're doing big parties every year.   I don't care if it's tacky, dammit - - I love throwing parties and all the successories involved.   I should definitely be a kids party planner.
  • Options

An Amish theme!  How original!

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    it's trains -- he loves them.  every day when dh picks him up form daycare, they stop at the train station and watch at least one commuter train go by.

the invite has a cool blue chevron stripe, navy and red type, and accents of stars.  i've done a mockup, but each piece will be cut separate, stacked and then glued.  red envelopes with a train address label.

i'm doing a matching chevron banner, and probably some other matching things.  dh and i are discussing menu.

and i will finally be making his cake!  because this year will only be family, i can make a cake instead of having to buy a giant sheet. 

he was born in virginia, so it will be a red velvet cake, with a center cheesecake layer.  i've made this cake before and it is SO good.  and it matches!  i just need to figure out how to decorate it.  i will probably just make a brightly colored paper topper because it has cream cheese frosting.

• Options

That sounds adorable!  Please post pics somewhere.

• Options
    HMo, you know that we are eye-to-eye on the invitation thing.

I will drive to IL, give me wine, we will build invitations together and discuss if this paper would've been better than the other.  I wish I lived closer to a Paper Source, but my checkbook breathes a sign of relief that I don't.
  • Options
    YES, yo.

you have no idea how much i hate that i no longer live within walking distance to paper source.  it used to be a "i will just pop over there" and now it is "okay, so, if i do this and then this and then this, then i will be able to group these errands together and they will take me by the paper source!" 

... yellow people problems.
  • Options
    I'm throwing a big party for the 40th.

Theme: The wedding I never had.

Don't worry there will be no veils or cardboard cutouts of a groom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards