Wedding Woes
Options

face review

refresher:  my dermo is treating me for mild roseacea.  i apply finacea (rx) twice a day, and cleanse and lotion up with cerave products.  so far, so good.

on sunday night, my face was on fire -- like, someone dabbed a little lighter fluid on my cheeks and chin, set it on fire, and then tried to put it out with by sanding it lightly.  it was a great look -- FIVE DAYS BEFORE I LEAVE TO SEE ALL OF MY INLAWS.

i applied five year old medication meant for the neighbor's cat, and that didn't work!  how weird.  anyway, i called the dermo yesterday and asked for an appointment and they fit me in.

remember -- my dermo works in a "destiny's child" fashion: she's beyonce by making the initial diagnosis, and michelle and kelly, the nurses, make all the explanation and provide backup.

basically, what happened is that i had finacea buildup and i am having a reaction to it.  i am also having a reaction to the cerave. 

i have to wash with cetaphil and she gave me another prescription lotion, applied twice a day.  i am having some flaking issues too, but the lotion and cleanser should alleviate that.  i am already seeing some results after one day/night.

in conclusion: the finacea and cerave were helping to control the roseacea, until they went rogue and turned on me.  cetaphil is the mildest, most gentle cleanser and lotion product, and i should use that until i die of face fire.

also -- while you are waiting at the dermo's office, be sure to root around a little.  i took a ton of coupons while i was there.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards