Wedding Woes
Options

Well, I guess this is step#2

DH and I took Hank back into the vet because he was still limping and we believe it's gotten progressively worse.  We walked him outside to show the vet and he did another exam and noticed much less muscle on the right arm as well as the shoulder. 

They even drew blood and the blood came back normal with good levels.

So, on Tuesday he's going in for his X-ray.  I'm hoping they really pinpoint what's going on here. 

Also, his warranty ran out only 4 months ago.  Yep.  My dog had a 26 month warranty.  I don't even know how that works anyway.
image

Re: Well, I guess this is step#2

  • Options
    Awww, poor little guy.  Does the vet have any ideas what might be going on?
  • Options
    He really didn't know, and the x-ray will give him a better idea of what's going on.  He thought it was an infection at first in the long bone, but we treated that, and it didn't really make a difference.

    We just don't want Hank to injure his other leg compensating for the first one. 

    And the vet didn't want to push us to spend ~$250 for an x-ray, so he tried to remain neutral about it.
    image
  • Options
    Ooo,  hope everything is okay.

    Can you check with the breeder to see if any of his littermates had similar issues?
  • Options
    H was wondering the same thing yesterday, I think we will wait until after the x-ray then contact the breeder and ask.  Maybe he could steer us to the other buyers.
    image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards