Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

*Amer*

Did you ever re-try your dress without the boustier (sp?) underneath?  Did it fit a little better/smoother in the waist and hips?

I just thought of your post because I'm going this weekend to get some sort of shaper for under my dress.  I'm really worried about sweating through the ceremony (outside in August), so I'll probably get a spandex one, and just take it off before/during the reception.

Re: *Amer*

• Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have not.  My next dress fitting isn't until June 24th. 

I tried to get in there before hand, and I was given an firm "It's wedding season.  We don't have time for you to come in".

I've got really high hopes about it.  I got the other long line and tried it on under other articles of clothes I already had and I could feel the difference.

Now I just have 5 more pounds to loose ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Butting in - 
    Make sure you always try with and without shaper on the same day.  I swore I was wearing spanx, and only tried my dress on with the spanx.. and then right before the wedding I was unhappy with the way it was fitting, a stupid bubble of skin at the top of the dress by my armpits was popping out.   I took the spanx off, and magically my dress actually fit BETTER.  sometimes spanx move skin into places they just should not be ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    butting in as well....

I am going to a seamstress on Thursday (just getting price and maybe having her do hem and bustle only) but I am not wearing anything under the dress to see what it looks like. My dress has a corset back and I doubt I will need anything done to the bodice. I think I will be more comfortable that way and I don't have to get another long line bra (the one I have is from when I was 35 lbs heavier haha)  So I suggest going to try the dress on with nothing underneath, well just panties haha) I might get cups sewn into mine, which I don't know where to get these, the seamstress said I have to provide them myself.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well good luck at your next fitting!

I have my first fitting June 5th so I think I'll try the dress with and without something under it.  I have to get something before I go though, because the owner of the store will try and try to sell me spanx for $75 like she did with my mom.  I dont have patience for a sales pitch when I'm already giving you a bunch of money.

Thanks for the advice oodsie.  I think that happens a lot with the fit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tracy,
    You can prob get cups at a store like Joannes fabric I would think.  My seamstress had her own and just put them in for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards