Wedding Woes
Options

Since we're sharing/asking for Dr. WW

I've had an itchy rash only in the stretch marks on my stomach since a couple days after DD2 was born.  It started while I was still in the hospital, got worse/really bad last week, and has gotten a little better this week, though it still itches at night.

I mentioned it to my OB last week when I got my staples removed and he said to take Benadryl.  Well, I didn't, because I'm afraid it will dry up my milk.  So I have been using a topical anti-itch cream but I don't really think it does much to help.

We take DD2 for her two week checkup on Tuesday so I'm going to ask then (he's our family doctor) and I'll also ask my OB again when I see him on Wed if it's still hanging around.

Anyone have the itchy stretchies?

Re: Since we're sharing/asking for Dr. WW

• Options
    edited December 2011
    no advice, but have we seen pictures of this DD2? I know for sure I haven't. And that I want to.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hmm. negative. I was only itchy during the pregnancy/stretching part. I exfoliated & used body butter from the body shop. It was awesome.

What about hydrocortisone cream?

• Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_were-sharingasking-dr-ww?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:dbd99e52-02f7-42c5-abe0-21debd28586cPost:ffd48381-e5ca-484a-b712-63e9eb96c09e">Re: Since we're sharing/asking for Dr. WW</a>:
    [QUOTE]no advice, but have we seen pictures of this DD2? I know for sure I haven't. And that I want to.
    Posted by Cant_wait![/QUOTE]

There are pics on Taw's FB page. I'm sure you'll be shocked to learn she is freaking adorable. :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    well: We are not FB friends. I just sent you a request Taw.
  • Options
    thatgrrrrlthatgrrrrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PUPPS can sometimes show up post-birth. Check with your OB. I had PUPPS before M was born and it last about 2 weeks post-partum.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    CW - confirmed!

TT - I wondered about it being PUPP.  I'll definitely bring it up again.  It wasn't as red and itchy when I saw him last week and then it got worse.  Did they give you anything for it or did you just have to tough it out?
  • Options
    thatgrrrrlthatgrrrrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unfortunately I didn't get the official diagnosis until I was in labor (because I thought it was just a general rash) so I had to tough it for the 3 weeks prior to delivery and then the remaining 2 weeks I had it. I used over the counter hydrocortisone creams with minor results.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    AuntFloAuntFlo member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    All I have to add is PUPPPS SUCKS!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards