Wedding Woes
Options

FB Status quote

WTH is this supposed to mean?

"I think for a woman, the hardest thing about growing old is becoming invisible. There's something very front and center about being young. ~ Amy Grant"

40 y.o. friend posted this. I didn't know growing older meant losing oneself and becoming invisible.
MIL is thrilled you're joining the family. Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: FB Status quote

• Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Haven't you seen those Hydroxitone commercials? "Men just look right through me!" 

Hey, Lady, guess what? Some of us are young and ugly, or young and fat, and men have looked right through us for our WHOLE LIVES. We had to become interesting people. Howsabout you look into THAT? 

(No, I have no sympathy for traditionally attractive women who are all "WOE!" when they get older. "BUT TEH MENZ DON'T LOOK AT ME!" Toughshit, yo. They never looked at me. Get over it.) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This friend is not traditionally attractive and did nothing to develop a personality. She's been a SAHM all her life, but many SAHMs I know have outside interests. This friend never developed outside interests of her own. Also, she doesn't know how to drive. She's 42 and dependent on her husband and adult children to driver here and there. All hobbies have to be shared with her husband or kids. It's like she doesn't have a self.

• Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wait.  Aside from all of that foolish nonsense, who the fluck quotes Amy Grant?  How far in left field are you that you're quoting Amy Grant?  ::smdh::
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    42 y.o. women who are nearly housebound and have nothing better to do than search the web for randomass quotes.
  • Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wonder if her husband and children approved that status update.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards