Wedding Woes
Options

Happy Friday!!

Anyone have anything good happening?

Today is story time, park, and a picnic and then some celebrating our inspection!  Tomorrow DH is going back and picking up some last minute stuff and maybe hooking up the pond for the new people.  Sunday DH is helping move his grandma (hopefully they weren't expecting me to lift) and telling his family!

Re: Happy Friday!!

• Options
    DH is going turkey hunting this weekend.  My friend, M, is staying with me because she's going to a conference in town. 

Tonight: I think we're just going to hang out and relax. 
    Saturday: Nephew's soccer game and lunch with my sister.  Taking the kiddos to my IL's.  M and I are going to go out with some other friends.
    Sunday: Brunch with M and A's family.  Pick up the kiddos from the IL's.  Chillax.

If DH gets a turkey, he'll come home early.  If not, he's not coming home until Monday.
  • Options
    We're closing on our new house today! This would be much less stressfull if there wasn't a list of things the builder was supposed to do that he didn't.
    Either way, so excited!
    Follow Me (and my wedding!) on Pinterest
    50 in 2012 Reading Challenge: 2 books read
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment

Yay for a closing, but I'd consider putting that off if things aren't fixed.  Either that or ask for money to go to an escrow account until it's done.

• Options
    Tonight we're relaxing.  Tomorrow we're going to our nice new farmers market that we haven't had a chance to see yet.  I'm excited, even if we are going at 7:30 am on a Saturday.  I'm sad b/c I'm not going to the march, but others of our group are and I'm cheering on the inside.  This budget thing sucks.

Sunday, not much.  While losing DH's income blows, having a house husband sure does make the weekends nice and stress free with nearly nothing to do.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment

We're buying a new washing machine. Maybe with a trip to a laundromat in there, depending on the availability of the chosen machine. :)

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_happy-friday-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:e9d7e73c-b57c-4c1e-b665-5ce722c4d68ePost:a478af6a-25ba-46e5-a3de-a79b023f3a74">Re: Happy Friday!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay for a closing, but I'd consider putting that off if things aren't fixed.  Either that or ask for money to go to an escrow account until it's done.
    Posted by 6fsn[/QUOTE]

Yup, I emailed our realtor this morning to let her know the stuff isn't done and we want paperwork documenting exactly what will be done and when. Seriously, the guy has known about this for 3 weeks, and it's all stupid stuff, too.
    my read shelf:

Katie Rizzo's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    krizzo- make sure you have a recourse if it's not done by that time and to your satisfaction.  At this point I'd probably just ask for cash to make sure it's done right.
  • Options
    Today is a half day for me, then I'm leaving with my dad and we're driving two hours west to a city to race tomorrow.  First race of the year.  SQUEEE!!!  Other than that...laying low.
  • Options
    FI just drove by the house; they're outside pouring the new sidewalk and the mailbox is installed. That's 66% of my I'm-panicking list, so there's that.
    Now he's off to call the radon mitigation system people to see if they can get their butts over there this afternoon, so we won't have to think about when we can have them there after closing.
    my read shelf:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Morning.

I'm not feeling great, but I'm still at work.  Maybe I'll duck out early.  I really don't want to have to metro home tonight with the nausea and dizziness, but I don't have options at this point.  Thank goodness it's Friday.

Krizzo - it's good that they're pouring sidewalk.  I'd be panicking over that too.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Tonight I'm doing something with gay husband. Tomorrow I'm cleaning house, and tomorrow night is a movie night with gay husband and some other friends. Hopefully including hot choir guy. 

Sunday I have two masses, and then probably a nap. 
  • Options
    Friday: Sushi with friend and husband at the Pooches in the Patio event :)

Saturday: My BFF is moving to live with her FI many states away. I am going to help her pack and probably cry. She's gone in two weeks. I move here, she meets a dude, and she's out. It blows. I'll want to take Jake to the dog park to see if he'll have the same reaction as last week. He FREAKED out.

Sunday: H and I are meeting some old friends for brunch. 99 cent mimosas - day drinking, y'all. H's is staying through Monday because he gifted me a massage that night and is going to take care of Jake for me, so I don't have to do that in the evening.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards