Wedding Woes

TV stuff

I'm doing glee in addition to the thursday lineup because we had more important things to talk about on Wednesday.

Glee - I did not see the kiss thing coming, but still afterwards I was like "meh, too easy." I was also really annoyed at the portrayal of all-boys prep schools as big gay safe havens. I don't think it's accurate at all, and would even guess that homophobia and bullying are more rampant in private boys' schools than in public schools. No tolerance policy my ass. The music was barely mediocre. I didn't like the girls' mashup at all, and the rest was forgetable.

Community - I'm with Abed, I hate bottle episodes. It was mildly hilarious that Annies Boobs was living in the vents and stealing stuff. I love the Shirley/Chang pregnancy scare. And I laughed SO HARD at Abed charting all of the women's cycles.

30 Rock - Liz's overalls at the end had me dying. I did not understand why food was being served off of Kenneth's body.

The Office - one of the funnier episodes in recent history. I cringed so hard during the whole Jim feeding Dwight scene. Also, that baby is really cute.

Re: TV stuff

• loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hated Glee this week. And I wasn't a big fan of the bottle episode of Community.

I didn't watch The Office last night because Burn Notice started again last night.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Jim and Pam's baby is super cute, agreed.
  • VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    edited December 2011

I thought that Glee was alright.  At least the music was somewhat interesting this time.  The storyline was predictable as ever AND HOW COMPLETELY HORRID WAS IT OF HIM TO KISS BEAST??!!!??  Talk about missed point.

I wondered the same thing, TD re: boys prep schools.  I did love the treatment of Katy Perry's horrible song though.

• nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Re: the Office, 30Rock, Chuck, and Community - there's a shark looming and ready for the jumping.

Modern Family is hands down, the best scripted tv.
    imageimage
  • TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG. I blocked the Beast kiss from my memory. That was awful. Just awful. So condescending and trite.

• VarunaTTVarunaTT member
    edited December 2011
    I so love Modern Family, Nico.

I think my favorite one liner so far was the neighbor complaining about the parrot screeching.  And it's her screaming, "JAY".
  • loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_tv-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:eb4211c8-5f9f-45d8-851a-aa82cb0382c8Post:01a3b057-4f5a-4ac9-b899-de47fbe06270">Re: TV stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]Modern Family is hands down, the best scripted tv.
    Posted by nicoleg1982[/QUOTE]

I agree.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    edited December 2011
    I have not seen modern family. Is it on Netflix?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_tv-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:eb4211c8-5f9f-45d8-851a-aa82cb0382c8Post:24b5d83d-47c2-4cf0-8dc3-b3bb87df64e2">TV stuff</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was also really annoyed at the portrayal of all-boys prep schools as big gay safe havens. I don't think it's accurate at all, and would even guess that homophobia and bullying are more rampant in private boys' schools than in public schools. No tolerance policy my ass
    Posted by TheDuckis[/QUOTE]

I have broken up with Glee, although it's on the DVR, but I wanted to respond to this because, as a graduate of an all-girls prep school, I can ASSURE you that you are dead on.  And a boy who is not into sports/girls/etc and is a little quiet or withdrawn?  Instant bully fodder.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree about the Glee comments.  I was yelling at Shue not to kiss Beast.  It wasn't nice, it was a pity kiss.  Who wants a pity kiss?

I had several cousins and friends go to all boys schools and they are not gay havens.  Then again the whackadoo I get the fb message from also went there.
    edited December 2011
    Did you grow up in DC, WDCBride? If so we probably travelled in the same prep school circles. Though my school was co-ed, which was totally looked down on. Really, my school was no better than "paying for public school" WhateverTF that meant.
  • edited December 2011
    I did, TD.  I grew up in NW Washington and went to school in Maryland.  On Rockville Pike -- the Catholic school next door to Navy Med.  (Know the one?)

So now I'm wondering where you went and I have some guesses.  And anywhere else that statement about your school is probably mean and lame, but our worst public schools (Oxen Hill, anyone?) are still considered some of the best in the country around here.  Basically, you pay for a lower student:teacher ratio at a lot of the schools.

And oh yeah, I want my little girl to go to my school.  DH is dying at the idea of a Reston-Bethesda commute.  I suggested we move closer to the Beltway.
  • edited December 2011

I love that there are now two episodes of Community where Joel McHale is in his undies.

edited December 2011
    3, MinM. I'm beginning to think they purposely think up storylines to get him naked. I'm not complaining.

WDC, I do know that school, though I didn't know a lot of people who went there. What year did you graduate? My school moved from Georgia Ave out to BFE a few years back.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm an old fart.  I graduated in 1993.

I have a best guess for your school, but I could be wrong.  Rhymes with Hairy?  I am so out of the loop, I didn't know that EHS had gone co-ed.

edited December 2011
    Nope. Our original location was near the awful mall in wheaton.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, I was thinking too far in when you said Georgia Ave!

I had no idea that your school had moved.  A friend's brother went there.  He was a cutie.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards