Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Invite Directions - Overkill?

For those of you who had your ceremony & reception at two different locations, what directions are you including or did you include in your invitation?Is it necessary to include directions to the church from N/S/E/W?I'm just trying to avoid overkill. We plan to do directions from the church to the reception, as well as a map to indicate the near hotels.TIA!

Re: Invite Directions - Overkill?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Since both the church and reception were close to Route 1, I did directions from the turnpike, route 1 and 95.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not doing directions in our invites.  I just added a "details" card and said for directions, go visit our wedding website.  I stuck a Google map on there so people can find their own way.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Delicate, understandable. My reasoning is for vetoing the dirctions is because between all of the resources available now (MapQuest, Google, GPS), it almost seems unnecessary.
  • Options
    sweets0018sweets0018 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We posted a link to our wedding mapper site.  It's www.weddingmapper.com.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sweets, thank you for that link. That should help!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We based our directions on where majority of people would be coming from- so we did directions from NE Phila., and from the turnpike.  Then we did one set of directions from church to reception, as well as to the hotel, since many were parking/leaving cars at the hotel nad taking the shuttle we provided from the hotel to reception and back.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    HappEGirlHappEGirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I wish I knew about that site!I just finished cutting out 100 'Details' sheets (bought matching paper to my invites from the stationary store and printed them on my own). I just included the hotel info and Directions from the hotels to the Church and the Church to the Reception.I figure people can Google Map their own directions to the hotels. My Church is on Villanova's campus so not hard to find. My FI is from the area so I know his family that will be driving is familiar.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards