Wedding Woes
Options

Last night

was okay.  It was a total downpour out, so we did take out and took it back to xH's.  We ate, had Elmo cake, I gave DD a bath and then we did presents. 

The whole thing was pleasant enough and I think xH is FINALLY coming around to understand that these things are important for her.  If not at the time, but for the memory's sake - the video, the photos, the initial happiness to some degree.

We are having bathtime trauma right now, so that was hell.  And then when I put DD to bed and left, she was bloodcurdling screaming for me, which was hard.  And it sucks that last night was xH's night, not mine.  I pushed that baby out - I deserve her on her birthdays!  ;)  But I also needed the night free to clean for Mom's arrival.

I was sobbing walking out the door and xH followed me out trying to shoot the schit with me.  Dude.  I am visibily, terribly upset that my baby is screaming for me and you want to talk about your neighbor's cruise?  Eff that.

So I cried all the way home, then I cleaned house and enjoyed a glass of wine before crashing.  I'll be happy to pick up my girl this afternoon, see Mom tonight and have all weekend with both.
imageimage

Re: Last night

• Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad that it went well enough and she had a good time, until bathtime.

I can't imagine having to walk away from my child that's screaming for me.  And having to give up his birthday night. 

Have a great weekend.
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All I can think is....wine=win in this situation.  There there, Nico.  A bday is just any other day to a little one, but next year...she'd better be yours for the day.
  • Options
    nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lately, she doesn't want to go with him at all.  Once I'm gone, she's okay.  But detaching from me has been particularly difficult the past 2 weeks.
    imageimage
  • Options
    **O-Face****O-Face** member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does xH smile like Mr. 6 or something?
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad you got along until the very end.  It's great the he's coming around to understand the importance.
  • Options
    hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i'm sorry dd loves you extra much.  this weekend will be awesomesauce, though!
  • Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Poor nico.  I'm sorry it was hard last night.  ::hugs::
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought DD was kookoo for bath time? What happened to that?

I'm sorry the leaving part was rough, but am happy you had an otherwise pleasant evening.
  • Options
    DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_last-night-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:f1c27253-fffc-419e-8e57-37a06d3ef7f7Post:8e734961-8c84-43bc-9777-bcd061d4f6e4">Last night</a>:
    [QUOTE] I was sobbing walking out the door and xH followed me out trying to shoot the schit with me.  Dude.  I am visibily, terribly upset that my baby is screaming for me and you want to talk about your neighbor's cruise?  Eff that.
    Posted by nicoleg1982[/QUOTE]

And THAT is why he is an ex. WTF.

I thought you guys were on friendlier terms in general, individual assholish moves like the above aside.  If not, I hope you get there soon. Coparenting is an important relationship to get right. :(

And YAY for your weekend! Sounds great. :)

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh the bath drama.

DD pooped in the tub at xH's.  He SAYS he didn't scold her, but now she is TERRIFIED to get in the tub (at his house or mine) and then when she's in the tub, keeps asking to be put on the potty.  I'm sure he traumatized her somehow and now the girl is just scared to take a bath for fear of being punished/scolded.

This is going to be one long, hard road.  Last night, the only way I could get her in the tub without psycho-style screaming was to hug her the entire time.  She kept telling xH to get out of the bathroom.  Oy.
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Had she ever pooped in the tub at your house before the 'incident'?

And why would you scold a 2 year old for pooping the tub?

Is it gross? Yes, but shithappens.

Poor L.  :(

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DG, we are on fairly friendly terms.  That's how we were able to have dinner, share cake and present opening w/DD and have an okay evening.  However, I'm not so friendly I want to sit around and listen to him yammer on about sht that is not a part of my life anymore.  I tell him all of the time, "That doesn't matter to me.  What else do you need to talk about?  If nothing, I'm leaving."  I didn't want to listen to him when we were married and now I don't have to.
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no. That is just awful and I am so sorry to hear it. She used to love baths so much...that sucks big hairy sweaty balls. Is there a way to lay off the baths at his house for a while? I mean, I know you don't want to have the stinky kid and all, but maybe a break from bathing at his house and making bath time fun at your house will help things? Man...that sucks nards.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, she has pooped in the tub before.  Never at the new place, but definitely at the house.  At different ages.  And I never made a big deal about it.  Just, "Uh oh!  Looks like we get to take a bath in the otherbathroom or sink!"  Then I'd clean up the tub when the kid-bath was all done.

I get the feeling he did not have the same reaction.  And now we're both paying the price.
    imageimage
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IDK Min.  I think this weekend I'm going to try putting her in the shower with me.  It won't resolve the bath issues at his house, but at least it will be better at mine.  Fck him.
    imageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That sucks that (supposedly) xH was a total douchecanoe about a little poop.

If this continues, maybe you could find her a 'bath buddy' or something to try and help ease the trauma.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, the shower might be enough of a change that she won't be upset. I also like the idea of a bath buddy. That fricking sucks.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards