Options

Can I still get married?

13»

Re: Can I still get married?

• Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_can-still-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:f2cc526d-7c13-466c-b113-708ff9947f4fPost:e1411cf9-7a70-4443-8799-ed6e89e23ba7">Re: Can I still get married?</a>:
    [QUOTE]its got nothing to do with MATURITY and i dont need my maturity judged by all of you, thats not what i asked for, i asked a simple question and apparently none of you feel like answering me because its more fun in your little lives to belittle people so fine, i'll find another message board, i just thought this one would be helpful since it's for weddings.
    Posted by JCarls[/QUOTE]

HELLO? EARTH TO JCARLS. Can you read? What do you think I did?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    apparently she can't read.  she doesn't know what MANDATORY means.

and i know i'm a commie pink-o freedom hater to some, but damn, if you don't like it here then go somewhere else. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here's an answer for you: You're a terrible human being. You're so consumed with being a bride that you don't even realize you have to own up for breaking the law. Rather than be mature enough to own up to what you have done and face the consequences you are instead online acting like a child, using text speak, and trying desperately to avoid paying for your crime.

You shouldn't get married. You shouldn't reproduce.
  • Options
    baconsmombaconsmom member
    5 Love Its First Answer First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    You know, I know we disagree about politics on this board (like, a LOT), but I don't think I've ever thought you women were anything but patriots. I'm seriously appalled by people who don't love this country and want to leave it. 
  • Options
    zitiqueenzitiqueen member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How the hell do you get through 25 years of life without ever having even heard the term "jury duty"? Honestly, were you raised in a cave? Did you leave the house to go to school when you were growing up? Because if you didn't, your parents failed you terribly. Do you know what a newspaper is? Did you have a television growing up? A radio? Or were these things too scary for you to even contemplate?
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_can-still-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:f2cc526d-7c13-466c-b113-708ff9947f4fPost:e70c8e8d-48fa-4c63-8a2b-7b0584eda163">Re: Can I still get married?</a>:
    [QUOTE]How the hell do you get through 25 years of life without ever having even heard the term "jury duty"? Honestly, were you raised in a cave? Did you leave the house to go to school when you were growing up? Because if you didn't, your parents failed you terribly. Do you know what a newspaper is? Did you have a television growing up? A radio? Or were these things too scary for you to even contemplate?
    Posted by zitiqueen[/QUOTE]

And while we're on the subject, if you don't even know how the country works, what exactly do you hate so much about it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_can-still-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:f2cc526d-7c13-466c-b113-708ff9947f4fPost:4de49beb-b180-4dfe-a33b-cc6e16b0a734">Re: Can I still get married?</a>:
    [QUOTE]honestly what do you care if i live here or not, until today i have for 25 years and you never knew i did anyway, so it *really* doesn't affect your daily life one way or another. and fine if you want me to shut up i will, thanks for being a bunch of unhelpful snotty brides, i hope you all end up divorced. not ONE of you could have been nice to me i suppose that would be<strong> too much work for a princess bride</strong>.
    Posted by JCarls[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I'm the only princess bride that posts here. I try to keep it on the DL though. I know I'll get made fun of for being a princess.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    :::points and laughs at Lauriac:::

PRIN-CESS!

PRIN-CESS!

^^taunting
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    *hangs head in shame*
  • Options
    kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_can-still-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:f2cc526d-7c13-466c-b113-708ff9947f4fPost:481976b7-82ef-4608-81f3-fbd2c493a776">Can I still get married?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi, I got a jury duty summons in northwestern OH a year ago and I didn't go, I haven't heard anything since then from them but I heard they can give me an arrest warrant without me knowing and I'm scared they're gonna arrest me when I go to get my  marriage license in TN next month! Can they do that in a different state and would they even bother?
    Posted by JCarls[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I *did* google it and they don't have anything about different states. so i'm a bad person if i was too scared 2 do jury duty?

it's a serious question if you don't know say so.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I was scared because I'm terrified of new experiences. and I really dont want to go to jail. so i cant ever get married without going to jail?

and really none of you or anyone you know ever skipped out on jury duty? thats really hard to believe considering so many people do it.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Ive been living with my fiance for 4 years so nothings really new about that and i don't plan on ever having kids because yes i'm scared to.

if it makes any difference my dad told me it was ok to just throw it out and pretend i never got it because that's what his friend does, because they just come in the mail and not to your door or something.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]it says all over the place that "so many people" do it, google "how to get out of jury duty" and see what you get, it's kinda obvious.

and yes im more concerned about getting married than doing a "civic duty" that i never signed up for and no one told me i had to do and dont think i should have to do in the first place.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]the penalty that i found in the laws says that i can have a fine or possibly go to jail. this is for my own state. i dont know if it would affect me in a different state and thats what i want to know and can't find. i'm not calling them and saying 'hey come arrest me because i didn't go'. that would be stupid. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]its got nothing to do with MATURITY and i dont need my maturity judged by all of you, thats not what i asked for, i asked a simple question and apparently none of you feel like answering me because its more fun in your little lives to belittle people so fine, i'll find another message board, i just thought this one would be helpful since it's for weddings. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]i know i need counseling that isn't the issue that i'm asking about. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]seriously why is it so hard to just answer the question? [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]why does it matter if i 'do the right thing' now, that jury is long over and obviously they didnt need me that badly, it's not like i stole something. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]ok fine i made it up now will you answer me? [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]i do file my taxes but i have never seen a single thing about jury duty when i got my license or when i got it renewed either time, and the last time was just a couple months ago.

no i never did know growing up that such a thing even existed, i didnt know what it was til this happened last year. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]no i dont vote and no i never heard of jury duty, you can believe whatever you want but my parents sure never mentioned it and i never heard of anything about it at school either, so how else was i suppposed to know growing up?

and you can have my citizenship, i hate this country, i was born here and didnt have a choice, i would rather not live here, so dont blame me for what it was so hard for you to get because i dont want what you want anyway. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]honestly what do you care if i live here or not, until today i have for 25 years and you never knew i did anyway, so it *really* doesn't affect your daily life one way or another.

and fine if you want me to shut up i will, thanks for being a bunch of unhelpful snotty brides, i hope you all end up divorced. not ONE of you could have been nice to me i suppose that would be too much work for a princess bride. [/QUOTE]

Why can't you just accept the advice of complete strangers, over your own thoughts?  Common sense?

Why did this topic become such a big deal to you (original poster) in the first place?  what happened the day before, where you didn't realize you broke the law, and was happy?

So from what everyone was saying, if you think it's such a big deal, call up the Court, or ask advice from a lawyer, and move on.

EDIT: and on a special note, what does your fiance think of your whole situation?

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_can-still-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:f2cc526d-7c13-466c-b113-708ff9947f4fPost:b55c5ef2-dce9-48cd-80ee-43100250f14f">Re: Can I still get married?</a>:
    [QUOTE]what were you scared about? you sit in a room and pick your nose while watching other people sit and pick their noses. Call the courthouse that you were supposed to serve and, speak with the jury people and find out what you need to do. This is NOT rocket surgery.
    Posted by Mrs.Thistletwat[/QUOTE]

Best advice, don't get all butt hurt just go and do it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    quotequeenquotequeen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Did you graduate from high school?  Because jury duty is covered on the 9th grade proficiency tests that are required to graduate in Ohio.

The Tennessee marriage license department doesn't give a rat's ass about whether you skipped out on jury duty in Ohio.  You are not going to get arrested, unless you keep skipping out repeatedly.  But you need to stop whining about your civic duty and pick up a social studies textbook so you understand what it means and why it's important.
    Married 10/2/10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_can-still-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:f2cc526d-7c13-466c-b113-708ff9947f4fPost:2b76441a-cd0b-4f64-b0fe-54dfe8331891">Re: Can I still get married?</a>:
    [QUOTE]no i dont vote and no i never heard of jury duty, you can believe whatever you want but my parents sure never mentioned it and i never heard of anything about it at school either, so how else was i suppposed to know growing up? and you can have my citizenship, i hate this country, i was born here and didnt have a choice, i would rather not live here, so dont blame me for what it was so hard for you to get because i dont want what you want anyway.
    Posted by JCarls[/QUOTE]

Were you homeschooled by religious freaks who never made you read the US constitution?

You could renounce your citizenship, but that would require you to actually show up at the courthouse this time. Dilemma!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, what if you accidentally hit someone with your car? What would you do? Hide the body and hope for the best? You need a moral compass, stat.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    kikibabykikibaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does anyone else hear that banjo playing...?  Hm, maybe it's just me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok...maybe she is not the sharpest crayon in the box but have the people on here getting so angry about breaking the law never broke a law?

Never drove too fast, smoked a little weed...nothing?

And no... I highly doubt you will go to jail for missing jury duty once.  That would be ridiculous.  There are much more serious criminals that the jails need to tend to.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think most of us have broken the law at some point but don't continuously break the law and try to avoid paying for our crime and are so self absorbed we can't even fathom what others are saying, not to mention the hating this country thing tends to get under people's skin. I think the anger is justified, and trying to sugar coat her stupidity and ignorance isn't helping anyone.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_can-still-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:f2cc526d-7c13-466c-b113-708ff9947f4fPost:d6a00a2f-0a13-4cd1-b8c5-ba4b2dfb53e8">Re: Can I still get married?</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Tennessee marriage license department doesn't give a rat's ass about whether you skipped out on jury duty in Ohio.  You are not going to get arrested, unless you keep skipping out repeatedly.  But you need to stop whining about your civic duty and pick up a social studies textbook so you understand what it means and why it's important.
    Posted by quotequeen[/QUOTE]

<div>here's your answer</div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    AriaGooseAriaGoose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OP,

I think the best thing for you to do is to call and request information about jury duty absence.  Yes, you may have to pay a fine, but you may not be arrested or thrown in jail.  You could consult a lawyer as well if necessary.  Remember, you'll have this same issue when you try to apply for a job or renew your driver's license, so it is best to clear the air and get everything set straight.  Perhaps your fiance could go with you to make you more comfortable and help you handle the stress?  Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards