Wedding Woes
Options

baby change poll

you are at your parents' house.  the baby needs a diaper change. 

Re: baby change poll

• Options
    Usually wherever the kid is.  If the room is crowded (several siblings, spouses and other kids), we'll go to a bedroom, but no one cares that a baby's diaper is being changed.
  • Options
    I voted for "the kid has a special room in the house" - which makes it sound like my "little princess" has her own room.   My mom has two spare bedrooms, and one has a crib and changing table because she has 6 grandkids.   At my dad's house, we would just use the bed (towel or changing pad underneath) in his spare bedroom - which is considered the kids room, more or less.
    Fortunately, my child is no longer in diapers (HOLLA) and none of this applies to me.  :)
  • Options
    I voted that my kid has a special room, but it's more of an SS answer.

My parents have all wood floors in the main living areas, so I normally change his diaper on the guest room bed or my parents bed (with a pad, of course).   I usually change him wherever he is at my IL's.  MIL keeps diapers in his size and wipes at her house. 
  • Options
    Is there a story here, Hmo?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_baby-change-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:f587fce5-cce5-47f5-8ec7-0d4e86921e5aPost:79278cc6-4291-48e5-8461-e0d36a48bee9">Re: baby change poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is there a story here, Hmo?
    Posted by mrs.conn23[/QUOTE]

Oh, you know there is.   I can't wait to hear it.
  • Options

IF I were a parent, I wouldn't change a messy diaper in the middle of the dining room table during Thankgsiving dinner, but if it was just me visiting my parents on a casual Saturday I wouldn't hesitate to whip out a changing pad and do it in the living room floor.  If there are more people around or if it was going to be particularly messy I would take that isht to a bedroom or the bathroom.

I just a friendly gal looking for options.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would probably always go into the bedroom, just so that I could concentrate on what I was doing, even in my parent's house.  With pad.  Also, we have animals, so having kid up and having dirty diaper out of reach is important.
  • Options

Oh, and the bathroom is probably the last place I would go.   What are you going to do, put the kid in the sink?   I'm certainly not going to do it on the floor in the bathroom.

• Options
    is your parent's bathroom filthy or something?
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    My parents have a setup (crib, changing pad, etc.) for when we visit.

My ILs don't have anything particular set up, even though they have 5 grandkids. We'll usually just use the floor in one of thier spare bedrooms.

ETA: if we know it will be messy, we'll take the kid to the bathroom (or even the tub)
  • Options
    No - bathroom floors skeeve me out.  Even my own.
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    My kid has her own room there...which sounds much more princess-y than it is.

If she didn't, I tend to go itno an out of the way room that's not the bathroom--probably a bedroom.
    (I don't like bahtroom floors--there's usually precious little floor space)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_baby-change-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:f587fce5-cce5-47f5-8ec7-0d4e86921e5aPost:27fdb95a-f313-45cf-bf31-f5c4af6dd057">Re: baby change poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would probably always go into the bedroom, just so that I could concentrate on what I was doing, even in my parent's house.  With pad.  Also, we have animals, so having kid up and having dirty diaper out of reach is important.
    Posted by VarunaTT[/QUOTE]

All of this.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards