Wedding Woes
Options

Why are my guys friends being divas???

So my fiance has a bunch of friends.  Too many to have all standing as groomsmen... plus he has two brothers and I have one.  He's asked all of his groomsmen and now he's asking guys to be ushers or readers.  Some are mad that they are ushers.  One guy we asked to sing at our dance... he is just starting his music career and while his Elvis-inspired music isn't what I want to walk down the aisle to, I thought singing at our dance would be fun.  Well now he's mad that we're not inviting his MOTHER because he wants her to see him play.
I'm not a bridezilla type who thinks it's entirely about ME all day, but C'MON!!  Our venue only holds 200 and our guest list is already at 250... we CANNOT invite one more person especially if it's so one of my guys' mothers can see him "perform".
Am I being ridiculous?  Or do I have a point???
Why are my friends and bridesmaids so much more understanding?????

Gah... thanks ladies!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Why are my guys friends being divas???

• Options
    Butter CookieButter Cookie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are your friends fresh out of high school?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you've already invited 50 too many. 

And yes, this does sound very high school.  It's also odd referring to it as the dance, is the dinner separate or is there no dinner?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, we are not fresh out of high school... I'm turning 29 next week and all of my girlfriends are cool with not having their parents invited....

Sooooo irritating!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And our dinner follows our ceremony, but then we head up to a ballroom for our dance... our DJ is willing ot let him plug in his guitar and play a few songs during a break from songs....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards