Wedding Woes

Bridesmaid-zilla!

Ever since I began dating S my older sister B would always say snarky comments about us. Things that she would say to just purpously get under my skin and hurt my feelings. She's always been a "diva". She recently got engaged in June 2012 to her boyfriend of three years. 
My fiance and I have been dating for the same amount of time and I recently got engaged in September.

When I told her the exciting news, her reaction was one for the books, and one I expected. She said "congrats. but if you even THINK about getting married before me, i'll kill you." Obviously, she was kidding, but it still threw me for a loop. It hurt that she couldn't genuinely be happy for S and I.

Part of me feels bad for stealing her spotlight, since she had gotten engaged only a few months before me. But at the same time, she's always been putting my relationship down instead of supporting it.

It hasn't gotten better since then. S and I have always wanted a fall wedding, so we're planning for Fall 2014. B and her fiance are planning on getting married in Spring 2015. We got our engagement photos taken a few weeks ago, and when my sister found out she of course couldn't be happy for me.

She'll text me things about her wedding to try and "compete" with me and to make hers sound better. I've been ignoring all of her mean texts, because frankly, they're immature. She's going to be one of my bridesmaids, but I'm already tired of her attitude. I know I should talk to her, but she never owns up to her problems.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bridesmaid-zilla!

• So, I know you don't ask any questions in your post, but I just wanted to clarify.
    Why on earth would you make your sister a BM if she has never even treated you nicely???  If you haven't asked her yet...DON'T!!!  If you have...Well, that ship has sailed, but I would just ask her dress budget, then tell her what dress to pick out and when and where to show up for the ceremony.  Other than that, don't mention your wedding.  If she brings it up, change the subject.  You both get one day to get married, and your sister certainly can't dictate that no one on earth can get married before she does.  Remember that your sister is not going to change her attitude just b/c you're getting married, and making her a BM will not automatically make you guys closer.  

• if you stop reacting to her snarkey comments she will get the hint . you have to have two people to play this game..just fail to participate.
  • Wait a minute! You posted this on Snarky Brides with you getting married in fall 2014 and her getting married in spring 2014. On Snarky you asked for Help. What are you asking here?
  • edited October 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_bridesmaid-zilla-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:fbcdebb9-a323-42f4-a981-a639a6b2f475Post:03fe639d-8bfc-461c-9820-5e1b35b925aa">Re: Bridesmaid-zilla!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wait a minute! You posted this on Snarky Brides with you getting married in fall 2014 and her getting married in spring 2014. On Snarky you asked for Help. What are you asking here?
    Posted by va4ryans[/QUOTE]

<div><font color="#800080">Yeah I accidently put the wrong year in the snarky brides post. I'll be getting married Fall 2014 and she'll be getting married Spring 2015. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for your help!</font></div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Why is she going to be one of your BMs again?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards