Wedding Woes
Options

Pregnant Bride

So my sister in-law picked the date, reserved the reception place, ordered her dress, the bridesmaids ordered their dresses, and it turns out now she will be 7 months pregnant on the BIG DAY!!

As excited as we are to have a baby come into this family, we are struggling with what to do about the wedding... does anyboday have any advice?? Should she cancel everything and postpone it (and lose all the deposits plus some), Keep the day and get a Maternity Dress (which we're having issues finding) or other??

Any advice from a pregnant bride would be amazing!!

Thanks!

Re: Pregnant Bride

• Options
    ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    Can she make it sooner?  I doubt she'll want to spend the money on a wedding after the baby comes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_pregnant-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:febfb7f9-629e-4bf0-b502-8e901fcef8f2Post:31277327-f8bf-45d9-afef-a1fe8eb278b1">Pregnant Bride</a>:
    [QUOTE]So my sister in-law picked the date, reserved the reception place, ordered her dress, the bridesmaids ordered their dresses, and it turns out now she will be 7 months pregnant on the BIG DAY!! As excited as we are to have a baby come into this family, we are struggling with what to do about the wedding... does anyboday have any advice?? Should she cancel everything and postpone it (and lose all the deposits plus some), Keep the day and get a Maternity Dress (which we're having issues finding) or other?? Any advice from a pregnant bride would be amazing!! Thanks!
    Posted by klong414[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why are you asking and not your sister in law?/ Be honest, you think she's a heathen and want everyone to say she doesn't deserve a big wedding.
  • Options
    mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why isn't your SIL here asking for advice? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What's the big deal..or really what business is it of yours? Why would she cancel? She could just get a dress that suits her as she is pregnant.
  • Options
    awesome-sauceawesome-sauce member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

That's really up to your SIL and her H to decide.

She can either keep it as is, wait until after the baby is born, move up the date or go to the courthouse if she prefers to be married before the baby is born.

No matter what anyone else has done, THEY need to make the decision of what is best for them.

• Options
    maisery22maisery22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    personally I think it would be very romantic to keep the date the same, Yes she'll be big, but not the big that 8+ months gives you.  But having the baby "at the ceremony" seems very personal and special to me, if she wants to get married on the same date more power to her I say! Wink
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards