• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Reception Ideas

Bowling alley reception

We're having our reception at the bowling alley - different yes, but it will be fun!  We can only rent the facilities for a 3 hour chunk of time.  But we have permission to get in there a half hour early - while the public is still welcome.  And reserve a few tables for immediate family and the wedding party before all the other guests arrive (and it's closed to the public).  But I'm having trouble identifying WHO will do this?  The wedding party will be busy and I dont want the parents to rush out after the ceremony either.  Do I ask a random friend or cousin?  Or see if the bowling alley guy will do it?  LOL

thanks for the advice!

~RJ

Re: Bowling alley reception

• I think having your reception at the bowling alley is a fun, excellent idea! I would make reserved signs and ask if someone from the bowling alley would put them up. You are paying for the whole facility and I don't think putting a few signs on the tables are too much to ask. I hope everything goes great for you!
  • Catwoman708Catwoman708 member
    Sixth Anniversary 1000 Comments 5 Love Its
    edited April 2010
    This is where you would hire a "day of coordinator" or DOC.  You can hire them just for the day to set up and clean up, and handle some of the last minute details.

If you have a reliable, competent friend or family member that has offered to help, and is not in the wedding party or post ceremony pictures, that would be ideal.  You might spread the word through the family grapevine (Mom) that you are looking to hire someone for this. 

Or ask the bowling alley if you pay an extra fee, could they provide an employee to act as your on site coordinator.  Or if they could recommend someone familiar with the facility that you could hire on the side.
  • I would not ask your guests to work for you.

Hire someone. 
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to Re: Bowling alley reception:
    [QUOTE]I would not ask your guests to work for you. Hire someone. 
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

people say that but so many of my friends and cousins have asked if I need them to do anything. I find that most people would love to help you however they can. i would ask a friend or cousin that would not mind.
    FUTURE MRS. ADKINS
  • In Response to Re: Bowling alley reception:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bowling alley reception : people say that but so many of my friends and cousins have asked if I need them to do anything. I find that most people would love to help you however they can. i would ask a friend or cousin that would not mind.
    Posted by darcelgalloway[/QUOTE]

If people ask, I would still just tell them that I would rather they enjoy the reception as a guest, not a worker.

You can hire someone easily for $50 to do it for you. Let your guests be just that.  Guests.  Your reception is a thank you to your guests for attending your ceremony.  Let them enjoy it.

Of course friends and family will offer to help.  You do not need to accept it.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Simply FatedSimply Fated member
    5000 Comments Fifth Anniversary 500 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: Bowling alley reception:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bowling alley reception : people say that but so many of my friends and cousins have asked if I need them to do anything. I find that most people would love to help you however they can. i would ask a friend or cousin that would not mind.
    Posted by darcelgalloway[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you don't take them up on the offer! They are your guests, not your workers. Their only job is to show up and have fun.

It was very polite of them to offer to help, but in this case it is not polite to accept the offer.

It depends on what you need done. You can't assume the bowling alley will do everything, as many of those workers aren't getting paid extra to do extra work. I would talk to the bowling alley and see if they can handle what ever work you have. If not, then you might have to look into hiring a DOC.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards