Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Reception seating for toddlers and infants

Two of our guests are parents to a little girl who is a young toddler and an infant who will be 2 months at the time of the wedding. Should I provide 2 seats for the children or just one? I imagine they will be held by their parents most of the time, but I'm not sure how much room they'll need for a carrier and other accessories. I want to be as accommodating as possible, but I'm just not sure how to arrange this seating.

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Reception seating for toddlers and infants

• Options
    First of all, check with your venue to see what they have. But yes, I would make arrangements for a high chair, and one of those things that can hold a baby carrier!

Just 'cause they CAN sit in someone's lap, doesn't mean everyone wants that all the time! Give them the option :)
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    Mrs.B6302007Mrs.B6302007 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2011
    Count them each for a seat.  Even if they're being held, the seat can hold diaper bags and other essentials.

ETA: the chair can be switched for a high chair if needed
    The Bee Hive Est. June 30, 2007
    "So I sing a song of love, Julia"

BFAR:We Defined Our Own Success!

• Options
    Ditto PPs, and if possible, seat the parents near the end of a table if they are square, so it is easier for them to get up and down if they need to. 

I agree with the high chair - it is a pain to hold a squirmy kid and try to eat at the same time. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yes definitely give the kids chairs so if their parents do not want to hold them the entire time they do not have to.  If the kids end up being held the whole time the diaper bags, etc and be in the chairs and at easier reach for the parents.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice, everyone! It is INCREDIBLY helpful. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We had 2 little infants and 2 toddlers. I told the coordinator at the venue and he kept seats for them but had high chairs, booster seats and car seat slings available if the parents wanted them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards