Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

honeymoon decided

We're doing a cruise.  We don't know where to yet, but a cruise is definite.  FI doesn't want an AI because he'd get bored, plus we know the food will be fabulous on a cruise and we don't plan on getting plastered all week so we don't spend as much.  I'm pushing for Europe.  He wanted Alaska but they don't sail around when we're looking to go.  If we don't do Europe, I think we will be doing Eastern Caribbean.  We're trying for Celebrity cruises.  I'm excited!

Re: honeymoon decided

• Options
    edited December 2011
    oooooooo. sounds fun! ive heard very good things about celebrity cruises. im pushing for a mediterranean cruise for you since that is def on my list of things to do.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!! Cruises are so much fun!! We took a celebrity cruise out of Philly to Bermuda for my senior trip (from HS) and it was fabulous!!! Congrats on the decision!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great news!  I vote Europe.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I vote Europe too.. my coworker is getting ready to do a Cruise of Italy, Spain, Greece and it sounds amazing! However, in November, it will be cooler there.I have been to Greece before and LOVED it!But you can never go wrong with the Carribean and it will be warm and you are out of hurricane season when you will go. I did a cruise before and wow, I never ate so much in my life haha Glad to hear the planning is going well!
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's awesome! I second Europe!!
  • Options
    jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    carm i did that same cruise in 2004 for my best friend's wedding!  it was fabulous.  we've done celebrity and carnival cruises and celebrity was FAR superior. feif - i vote for europe too.  if FI gets out of his pissy "i don't feel like flying for 11 hours" mood, then we might haev a shot.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Fantastic! FH and I were pretty decided on doing a Disney Cruise for our HM, and my only wish was that they were running Mediterranean cruises this year (no such luck ;). Friends of ours did a cruise (Disney) a few summers ago to Barcelona, Greece, and Italy. An incredible vacation. Enjoy booking it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay! Europe! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you know we are doing a Celebrity cruise in Europe, Eastern Mediterranean :)  So I'm biased but I think it is an awesome idea.  FI hates to fly too so this is a good way for him to see lots of countries without all the hassle.  If you need any info just let me know, it was much cheaper than I expected.  And they say the weather is about the same there as in Northern Florida, so even in November it's 60s or so. 
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    0602- I'm pretty sure delicate and I used the same travel agent too. She's giving a package with 100$ off gift certificate at the fundraising dinner for the silent auction. Bidding is starting much lower then that, so you could get some $ off. Not all that much but everything helps! She was awesome and got me a great deal! It was rec'd by delicate to me. myvacationlady.com she was awesome.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    go for celebrity!  i'd say Europe too, but I like laying out in the sun especially on those "at sea" days so if it's that cool in November, i'd lean more towards an Eastern Caribbean.  i've only done Western Caribbean, so Eastern sounds nice!
  • Options
    jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jewels that's exactly what i was thinking!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay Europe!
  • Options
    matthew24matthew24 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Great pickings! I also vote for Europe you will be able to see so many wonderful areas with just one trip, glad you guys decided.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards