Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Food Idea

Well i was wondering what you guys think of this idea.. a reception but instead of a big plated meal or a huge buffet having the entire meal with mini foods? Having 4 or 5 course with 3 appetizers on each plate.. or should i do it buffet style?

Re: Food Idea

• Options
    I would call it a tapas style dinner. This is not rude. However, I would not find it appealing at a wedding as it is a lot of waiting around for a single bite of food. Also about half that stuff is not things I care for so it would not be filling.  Not rude but not a good idea is my take  
  • Options
    I love the idea, but I would suggest you do: course 1: salads -- also what about two salads and a soup? course 2: finger sandwiches course 3: pasta/starch course 4: meat/veggie alternative course 5: milk and cookies I just think the meat should go towards the end, but otherwise I think this is such a fun and creative idea for the meal. My other thought is that you do it family/tapas style...and each table will get enough to share, and then you serve the pasta/starch apps along with the meat/veggie alternatives.
  • Options
    I'm actually trying to talk my fiance into doing this, I went to a wedding a few years ago that was all finger food and I thought it was great! There was plenty of food to be had, and it took away the stuffy formality of a sit-down dinner. I found it much more social, and people could graze all night.
  • Options
    I would not do it has a sit-down or even buffet.  I would do it cocktail reception style with some stations and some passed.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards