Wedding Reception Forum
Options

funny bridal party dance??

Is anyone doing a funny bridal party dance? If so what songs are you choosing? This one is hillarious!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27YKR7eP76M&feature=related

Re: funny bridal party dance??

• Options
    No.  I think it's kind of rude to ask your wedding party to learn an entire dance.  I'd be mortified if one of my friends asked me to do this--I am a terrible dancer and really self-conscious about it.  Also, as a guest, I'd rather socialize and chat than watch awkward coordinated dances.
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Options
    Please please check with every single member of the WP before you even start to plan something. This sort of thing would not have flown with our WP and I wouldn't do it as a BM either. Not everyone is into that kind of thing. The last few weddings I've been to (including ours) didn't feature a WP dance at all.
  • Options
    I enjoyed watching that clip as it's been posted several times this weekend and is on AOL news today.In reality, not such a great idea.Looked like fun wedding though!
  • Options
    I think it's cute and I would do it, but WP would not want to. I wouldn't mind if I was in a WP and the bride and groom wanted to.
  • Options
    IMO, WP dances are just another 3 minutes that are boring for guests and often uncomfortable for members of the WP.  If you watch the clip in the OP, several of the WP members look uncomfortable.I rather be dancing myself, or chatting, socializing, visiting with f&f than watching a lame attempt at a choreographed WP dance.Hold the "special" dances to a minimum:  B&G, bride and FOB, groom and MOG and call it done.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    I'm not a fan of putting one's friends on display.  Nor do I like boring my guests so I'd vote no on the WP dance.There was one exception that I did like.  It was floating around the boards about a year ago so some of you may remember it.  It wasn't a WP dance but rather a toast to the bride by her man of honor.  It involved the WP and other guests getting up and singing and dancing.  What made it acceptable was the fact that all of these people are involved in musical theater so this is what they do all the time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oy1uWAm4SnI
  • Options
    That's really cute.However it takes the right BP to make something like that work.  I wouldn't have asked my friends to do anything like that.  We just had our first dance and then the BP danced whenever they wanted to once the dance floor was open. 
  • Options
    I've dance competatively in the past and I am not shy yet I would be humiliated to do something like this. I would however say yes if a friend asked despite dreading it and feeling like a fool. Although i woudl probably consider if it is worth the humiliation to be in that WP. My DH would drop out of a WP if they insisted on this.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards