Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Short reception-Time line

Is anyone having a short reception? I feel guilty for having such a short reception but it's all that we can afford.Our reception is from 4pm-6:30 pm (We have to be out by 7pm).This is what I'm thinking:4pm- We make our entrance4pm-4:05 pm- First dance between FI and I405-410pm- First dance between dad and I410pm-415pm- First dance between FI and his motherI think getting the first dances out of the way will be helpful. Is that a good idea or is that bad???415pm-Blessing of the food420pm-Food will be served (IT's buffet style)420pm-520pm- Guests can enjoy food, mingle, music will be playing, guests have option to dance and/or mingle520pm-Cake Cutting/Cake Served530pm-625pm- Guest can enjoy cake, continue to mingle, music will play, and have option to dance and/or mingle.6:25pm-Farewell DanceDoes that seem OK??? Fiance really thinks that's a good amount of time for guests to come togther and join us for a couple hours. He is not really the socializing type and neither am I. We are pretty much low key people, and don't really like to party.

Re: Short reception-Time line

• Options
    Sounds fine to me.  I've been to several shorter receptions like that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    How about Entrance ,1st dance , blessing food, cake cutting, food being served, while guests eating parent dances, then get folks out dancing as they are finishing eating. Cake takes a while for teh servers to finish cutting so then it can become avaible right after dinner
  • Options
    Thanks for the ideas. I revised it!4pm- We make our entrance4pm-4:05 pm- First dance between FI and I4:10-Blessing of the food- 4:15pm-Food will be served (It's buffet style)4:15-4:45-Guest can enjoy food, mingle4:45-4:50-Father/Daughter Dance4:50-5:15-Guests can continue to enjoy food5:15-Mother/Son Dance5:20- Cake Cutting/Served5:30pm-625pm- Guest can enjoy cake, continue to mingle, music will play, and have option to dance and/or mingle.6:25pm-Farewell Dance
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards