Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Not-quite-a-champagne Toast ideas?

Hello all!So, we're doing lots of things that are almost-but-not-quite traditional.  We are having a dessert reception in the middle of the day.I don't necessarily want champagne for the toast.  In fact, I've already purchased these cute little 2oz plastic footed glasses for an Italian dessert drink I was going to make- sadly, the everclear based drink is just TOO strong.  So... I need suggestions.What will look cute in these glasses, be unique and appropriate for a 4:00 toast at an outdoor dessert reception.TIA!

Re: Not-quite-a-champagne Toast ideas?

• Options
    How about letting people toast with whatever's available at the bar? The emcee can make an annoucement like, "We'll be doing the wedding toast in five minutes. Kiri and FI invite you to toast with your favorite beverage, so the bar will be open for you to select whatever you want."
  • Options
    I like that idea at weddings I've been too- but we aren't having a bar.  It's less formal than that.  We are having desserts with coffee, milk, lemonade and some pop for people to drink.  And then of course whatever our toasting drink is...Thanks though!
  • Options
    everclear based drink? Ooooook Here's a suggestion since it's a dessert reception why not serve dessert wine? Those glasses are the perfect dessert wine size (the portion is served considerably smaller than regular wine)
  • Options
    Baileys?
  • Options
    Have you ever heard of ice wine? It is a dessert wine that is white and is sweet, and normally served in a smaller glass, I think a couple of sips would be perfect
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    limoncello  yummmmm  Served ice cold, it's refreshing and yummy!
  • Options
    I think if it's a dry wedding, it's rude to toast.  It's like saying we're good enough to get booze, but our guests aren't.  I'd skip the toast if I were you.Or do what they do around here at dry weddings and toast with Pepsi.  I think that's pretty goofy, too, but you've already bought your glasses.
  • Options
    Thanks for all of the great ideas!  I do love me some Baileys, and ice wine too! We may end up doing the champagne toast- but with some Chambourd and a raspberry to keep it unique and "dessert-y". Oh, and to clarify heels- whatever the toast drink is will be offered to everyone.  People have suggested that just Chris and I toast with champagne- but I agree, that seems kinda rude.
  • Options
    white sangria  
  • Options
    I've never heard of it... but I think I want to!
  • Options
    White sangria= White wine, peach brandy , apple juice, sparkling rasberry flavored water ( or better to use champange but I am ocassionally cheap) and fruits like peaches and pineapples and mangoHow to  I know by heart the large version3 bottles dry white wine add 3 cups peach brandy, 2 cup white apple juice, a whole bunch of frozen tropical fruit cut up from sams club. allow to mix in fridge for 1-24 hoursAdd 1 bottle sparkling flavored water or 1 bottle dry champangeServe fruit and all in pretty glasses
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards