Wedding Reception Forum

Guest Book Help

What have you picked as your wedding guest book? What ideas did you consider? I don't want to do the common guest book and I haven't found another idea that I really love.

Re: Guest Book Help

• DD made a shutterfly book of pictures of she, her DH, their dogs, their friends, and had guests sign it, yearbook style.  It was really cute.She also had her WP sign platters (one for BM, one for GM).Also have heard about people using real coffee table books about something meaningful to them.If you're sports fans:  a jersey or team banner works.  If music fans, a guitar or LP record albums.You can have guests sign a large photo mat and use it around a wedding picture.People have also used wine bottles. GL
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • My grandmother is making my gown, and I am using extra material from the skirt to cover my guest book.
  • We're doing a quilt. We'll have pieces of fabric and fabric pens for the guests to sign. Then later I'll sew them into a quilt. Then we'll hang it in the hall. It goes with our vintage/country/rustic theme. We also considered signature mats. Where you frame a photo of the B&G and the guests sign the mat around it. Another one we liked was the wish tree. Where guests sign pieces of paper then hang them onto a small tree or manzanita branches. Some people use things they love. Like records, guitars, surf boards etc. So if you and your FI have anything like that you could use it.
  • I did a picture book from Blurb with our engagement photos. I'm very happy with how it turned out! Pictures in Bio under DIY!
  • i bought my generic hobby lobby guest book before i saw any of these cool diy ideas. don't get me wrong, it's really pretty, but i would have loved to do a photo book or something. i'm thinking of adding pictures and cute wedding scrapbook things to the edge of the pages to make it more personal.
    Jama and Billy are getting married! - hitchedtickers.com
  • We had our guests sign a platter. That way at holidays-we will have memories of that day to share. You could do a calendar and have everyone write something on their birthday or just have everyone write down their advice/words of love and put those into a scrapbook.
  • We skipped it. I know that it woudl end up collecting dust for years unoppened and barely signed until in a clean out I trashed it. I do not get the value of having folks signatures when I could instead have them focused on having fun  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards