Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Sitdown VS Buffet

Ugh! Fiance wants the buffet dinner because he just thinks it's a better deal. I want the sit-down dinner because I always feel weird standing in line with strangers to get food and I think a sit-down will fit into our whole feel for the wedding more! What would you do? We are going to the restaurant tomorrow night to give them our menu package choice and I'm lost! Buffet Dinner Menu $16/pp POTATO SALAD COLE SLAW GREEN BEAN ALMONDINE YELLOW RICE GARLIC MASHED FETT. NOODLES SPINACH/ARTICOKE DIP MEXICAN DIP CHOPPED STEAK CHICKEN MARSALA CHICKEN PARM CHEESE TRAY WINGS/NUGGETS BAKED ZITI SWEEDISH MEATBALLS DELI TRAY DESSERT TRAY TWICE BAKED POTATO GRILLED VEGGIES SHRIMP SCAMPI BAKED HAM ROAST BEEF Sit-Down Menu $16/pp Sliced Sirloin and Twice Baked Potato Chicken Parmesan/ Fettuccine Shrimp Scampi with Pasta ALL PACKAGES INCLUDE ROLLS/BUTTER AND COFFEE,TEA,SODA DURING DINNER.

Re: Sitdown VS Buffet

• Options
    I personally hate buffets at a wedding. However it seems the buffet is a much better deal for you. IT all depends on what you want.
  • Options
    I prefer buffets for weddings! I like having a choice of food(being able to take as much or as little), and having hot food. The weddings I have been to that have had served meals were disappointing--The food was barely warm by the time it was served to us and the side choices were mediocre at best--and usually the side choices depended on the meat choice(mashed with beef, rice with with chicken, no side with salmon).We had a buffet, and it was more expensive than a sit down meal--which was fine for us, because our guests had lots of choices, the food was hot, and no one was waiting(the staff did a great job of getting salads out and directing people where to go).That is just a personal preference, though, for us. We like having a choice in food:)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I really don't like buffets at weddings. It takes you soooooo much longer to get your food.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    Well, I thought about it for a while. I kept thinking that you had a huge selection of entrees for you buffet. Then I realized that you might want to go with a buffet, but ask the venue to drop some of the choices and dessert and drop the price of the meal per person by a couple dollars.
    My Grandparents on their wedding day.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    bio
    Repeat this to your self: My Wedding Party is made of my family and friends and I should treat them as such.
  • Options
    Also, at $16 a head, are you really going to haggle over a discount for three toddler meals? Save your battles for bigger issues.
  • Options
    Well, we went with the buffet! It is a GREAT price. We also got Toddler meals for only $5/pp. Thank you, ladies for all your opinions and help!!
  • Options
    Congrats! Sounds like you got a great deal and you're really happy with your decision.
  • Options
    do a sit down. Its more formal in my opinion, unless your wedding is going to be more casual
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "You knew me before I was born, and all the days of my life were ordained for me before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:16
  • Options
    I originally wanted to do sit down because i think it's more formal but after thinking about it a bit more, i think that it's easier to do a buffet and gives people the option to socialize more and not be stuck in their seats at specific times. Although my wedding is somewhat formal, FI and I are not black tie people. We like to have fun and want people to enjoy themselves so we decided on the buffet instead. I do agree that there are definitely a lot more options for food with the buffet. We know for sure that there will be at least a handfull of vegetarians so that also enables them to enjoy some of the food options without having to adjust the menu specifically to accomodate those few.
  • Options
    I am also jealous of the price, Our caterer is 60 a person for buffet style, plus we had to rent the mansion, pay extra for wine glasses instead of plastic ones, etc.. I like buffet because of the choices and not being as bound to your seat. It comes down to what you like and enjoy most and what you can afford.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards