Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Favor ideas???

I was asked to come up with the favors for my sister wedding. It is in October and she wanted to have a simple fall themed favor at each place setting. I was trying to find something unique. Any ideas?

Re: Favor ideas???

• Options
    Yes, edible. Leaf shaped cookies, maple candies, carmels, etc... You can always put them in a pretty decorative box. You might also check under Fall weddings for themed favor containers.
  • Options
    We're doing mini wine bottles as our favors.To incorporate a fall theme, maybe add a packet of mulling spices to the mini wine bottles?Enjoy!
  • Options
    Since it's October I would do something like candy corn or those little pumpkin candies! There are a lot of simple things she could do. I've seen little boxes of jelly beans in the wedding color(s), they were really cute. You could always "google image" wedding favors fall weddings and see what you can find!!Good luck!!
  • Options
    Could do a tea basket as well!
  • Options
    Caramel or chocolate-covered apples, mini bottles of syrup or cider, maple candy, leaf-shaped chocolates, something with pumpkin in it
  • Options
    You could always just do a small pumpkin for each guest. If she doesn't have anything for place cards-these could double as those with a small slit cut across the stem. Edible is always good as well.
  • Options
    What about a caramel apple bar?  You could have apples with sticks in them, melted caramel (in fondue pots or something), and then all the fixings (nuts, sprinkles, cinnamon sugar).  This way it could be interactive and delicious at the same time.I also thought about jars of apple butter or pumpkin butter or homemade caramels (original caramels, chocolate caramels, cinnamon caramels) in a rustic looking sack.
    image "Always love. Don't wail til the finish line."-Nada Surf
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the replies. They were some really good ideas. I personally thought the red candy apples were the best since our dresses are dark red and she was trying to figure out how to get more color into the table arrangements (colored linens cost about $200 more). The centerpieces are very simple (large clear vase with a floating candle on the top and crystal stems inside the water anchored at the bottom by fall colored stones). They're not elaborate but pretty.
  • Options
    We made caramel popcorn and put it in cute little bags with a ribbon and tag that reads "Love is Sweet" -Homemade from the Heart. (with our name/date)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards