Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Fall Favor Ideas

Hi!  I am planning my wedding for November 2010. I plan to do a fall theme with my colors. I am looking for some ieads for favors.  I do not want to do anything edible.  I would like to have something my guests can keep & I would like it to be useful also.  I have a large guest list between 250-275.  I am not opposed to doing something a little nicer & giving one favor per couple.  But I don't want to spend a ton of money if avoidable. My sister gave personalized pint glasses & they were a big hit with all her guests since it was something they could actually use again.  I obviously don't want to copy her favor but I would like to have something people will be happy to receive. Any thoughts or suggestions are greatly appreciated!Thanks!!!

Re: Fall Favor Ideas

• Options
    People are not going to use pint glasses again or any silly trinket. Food or forget it
  • Options
    Carmel apples!
  • Options
    *caramel
  • Options
    My wedding is also a fall wedding (Oct 2010) and I am in the same boat. Recently I read in a magazine about mini pie containers given out as favors with your favorite pie recipe attached. My cousin last year did a similar thing, but with cookie cutters.Although you are not interested in edible favors, I am looking at using caramel apples doubling as reception place "cards" and a take home favor.
  • Options
    You could give out small bottles of maple syrup, wine or honey. That way, it's not something that'll immediately be eaten, but they can get some use out of it instead of just letting it sit around and collect dust. Not everyone is into keepsakes and tchotchkes.
  • Options
    My favorite non-edible favor that I've gotten was a nice winestopper. You could probably find one with a fall theme. However, I'm a wine fan so it probably wasn't so great for people who don't drink wine.I actually like the pint glass idea even though your sister did it. I have much more use for a pint glass than a single wine glass. Although, whatever you choose, I'd advise against personalization unless it's a ribbon. I don't keep anything that has someone else's names on it (neither do most people). The maple syrup is a nice fall favor. Edible, but longer lasting than a candy apple. It could be a good middle ground.
  • Options
    I am also a fall bride (September 2010) and I want to do homemade salsa in special jelly jars, my FH wants to do bottles of wine from local vineyards. I agree with the other postes though, edible is the way to go. You could do hot teas, homemade breads, etc. and personalize the packaging.
  • Options
    Anything that isn't edible is probably going to be left on the table by about half of your guests. So whatever you choose, I'd make sure that you don't mind going home with 100 of them. And while people might ooh and aah over a pint glass, would you really want to use them 5 years down the road with someone else's name and wedding date on them? I probably wouldn't. How about reusable grocery bags? I've seen some that come folded in little pouches and I know I would use the heck out of any leftovers - keep some in each car, some at home, 1 or 2 at work, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards