Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Anyone hungry?

HELP!  We are having a brunch reception and I am having major problems with the menu.  Any ideas?  Thanks so much!

Re: Anyone hungry?

• Options
    Omelett/fratata station, fresh muffins, croissants, bagels, lox (salmon), fresh fruit, breakfast meats, mimosas, a bloody mary bar.
  • Options
    Waffle bar!Are you self-catering, do you have a caterer, or is it at a restaurant?  Unless you're self-catering, whoever is providing your food should be able to give you some insight.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    Since Brunch is a combination of both breakfast and lunch, you need both items.  You could check out some high end restaurants or hotels that offer brunch to see what they offer.You should have breakfast items:  eggs, or omeletts, waffles, fruit, muffins, etc.  You also need to have lunch items:  a carving station of beef, ham, or turkey (or all three), salads, potatoes, veggies, and breads.  And of course, you need lots of dessert.!I'd also have mimosas and bloody marys.
  • Options
    Assuming you're having a caterer take care of everything:Omelet stationCrepes station (most of the time for breakfast they're sweet but you can have savory options as well)French toast or Belgian waffle stationCarving station (ham, prime rib) in case you didn't want to serve the traditional breakfast meats of sausage and baconBiscuits and gravyFruit plattersLunch items to include:Hearty sandwiches (BLT, chicken salad, etc)Pastaanything you might find on a lunch menu that isn't as heavy as dinner would beBeverages:Espresso (which includes coffee, tea, hot cocoa)Not everyone likes alcohol that early in the morning but some people do so have the option available for mimosas, etc If you have kids/teens in attendance, make sure there is something that appeals to them as well. JuicesMilkSodas (yes people do drink it that early)
  • Options
    Also add hash browns to the breakfast foods list.
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies.  I appreciate all of your help. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards