Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Candy bar

For our wedding I was hoping to do all black and white, but was then informed that it would be a little to plain. I began thinking and came up with the idea of a candy bar...since he and I have 9 neices and nephews between the 2 of us, all of which are to be in our wedding. So all of the color would come from the candy and flowers...too much? not enough? Does any one have any ideas?

Re: Candy bar

• Options
    Sounds great.  You can really do whatever you want.  Black and white is so classic, it won't be plain.  You can do just black and white or add in one or two colors, whatever you like.  There are no rules here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    People really, REALLY do not care about your colors. They are there to watch you get married, then eat and drink and party afterward. If you want to use black and white, use it. If you want to incorporate a color, do it. If you want to offer candy, offer it. Really. You're overestimating just how much people give a darn about the little details. As long as you treat them nicely and feed, seat and entertain them, they will not care about the rest. They're there to celebrate with you, not criticize your decor choices.
  • Options
    Name the complete color palettes of the last five weddings you attended.  Make that the last five weddings you attended BEFORE you got engaged.  No peeking.Can't do it?  Yeah.  Guests won't notice.  Promise.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I'm doing an all white candy buffet and my mock up turned out beautiful (PIB).  I wanted an elegant candy buffet to match my formal wedding.  I think black and white would look great.  But like PP said, no one cares--they're just going to eat the candy.
  • Options
    I know the guests wont care...its me that does, and I cant for the life on me decide on any colors...the FI doesnt care...but just for the kids i thought the candy would be fun...and now I just have no idea! =[ But Stephie if yours came out well can I be nosy and ask what cand you used? =]
  • Options
    It's in my bio.  Coconut and french vanilla jelly beans, yogurt pretzels, champagne bubbles, french mints and jordan almonds.  Go to Candywarehouse.com and you can search candy by color.  That's not the best website to actually buy the candy though--too expensive.  I used Metrocandy.com.  I think black and white would look great!
  • Options
    my color is red so we are going all red candy.
  • Options
    My colors were black and green, so we made the whole candy buffet that-but also added some silver (hershey kisses) and stuff like that since the green candy mostly had to be ordered and was more expensive. If you don't care about doing one or two colors, you may come out spending less.  Places like Sam's Club were the best price wise, but for me didn't have much of what I wanted to match those colors. It turned out really neat though so I'm glad we did it.  People loved it.  Pix in my wedding bio below!
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards