Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Dance with mom?

Hi, I don't think I've posted here before, but it seems like the right board to get advice on this topic.  My dad is out of my life and so comes the DJ paperwork about father-daughter dance.  My mother remarried a few years ago, so I could dance with my stepfather.  I knew him from about age 16 and he did teach me to drive.  But I've been living halfway across the country for pretty much the entire time that they have been together, so it seems sort of odd.  Plus, I feel the point of the dance is to spend a special moment with the parent who was with you and raised you.  I think it because father-daughter because, traditionally, males dance with females.  However, that is a little old-fashioned and my mother raised me even when my father was around.  Would it be too weird to ask her to dance?  Then maybe I would dance with my stepfather the next song?  Thanks for your opinions!

Re: Dance with mom?

• Options
    T_PT_P member
    First Comment
    Is your Grandfather still alive and do you have a relationship with him? You could always dance with him. My FI's mother has not been in his life since High School, and he is not inviting her to the wedding. So he is dancing with his grandmother. He picked "My Wish" by Rascle Flatts.
  • Options
    You don't have to do a special dance, unless you have someone you want to share it with. My parents are divorced and I did do a Father Daughter dance but wanted to do something special for my mom, so later in the night I had the DJ announce a song that was for her and my brother and I danced with her (Sister Hazel, All for You)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards