Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Restaurant Buyout? Can someone explain...

Hi there!
I'm new to The Know community, well officially, I used to visit to look at wedding dresses for fun. Now I'm ACTUALLY planning a wedding and spending lots of time on The Knot.

FI and I are just starting the initially planning process. I have pretty much already decided on a dress, which is wonderful, and the turnaround time is only 3 months.

We really want to have our ceremony and reception at one place, and we were thinking a restaurant. There's this restaurant when my FI lives, in Vancouver, BC that I LOVE. It's beautiful with brick walls, recessed lighting and even a courtyard, it would be especially beautiful for a winter wedding, but I think for planning purposes we'll stick to June.

Anyhow, I contacted the restaurant and got a pricing breakdown. I still don't understand how it all works. The restaurant buyout ranges from 6-15k depending on the day of the week, and less expensive for the off-season. What exactly is a "buyout" and how does it all work? Does it include food and booze? Or does it essentially mean that for the cheapest day of the week I need to commit to 6k in food and booze?

Thank you soooooo much!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards