Wedding Reception Forum

Partial Seating Chart?

I really don't want to do a seating chart for every guest invited to our wedding, but I do want our families to have reserved seating close to the head table so they all feel more included. That being said, I'm from a large family (I'm the middle child of 8) and a divorced parent situation so I have a lot of step family too. Throughout the planning process there has been some tension between the mom and dad sides of my family, so I'm thinking it'd be best to create a seating chart for the reserved family tables.

I'm wondering if this could possibly be offensive (I don't see why, but I'm worried anyway). Any thoughts or advice?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Partial Seating Chart?

• If you assign seats/tables to some of your guests, you need to do so for all of them. That's just how seating charts work.
  • I wouldn't call it offensive, but I would either do all or nothing. Personally, I would do assigned tables for everyone. Then you don't have to worry about people "getting stuck" near each other with open seating and there's no half and half with only reserving tables for some people. 
  • Sounds like you will find it easier and less stressful if you just do assigned tables for everyone. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I'd do a full seating chart and assign tables for all your guests.
  • I would find it a little bit awkward to go to a wedding where some people were "special" enough to have assigned/reserved seats and some weren't.  If you're going to make a seating chart for half of your guests anyway, why not just do one for everyone?
  • Good rule of thumb: don't treat some guests differently than others.

If you're going to assign tables for some, then assign them for all.
  • I'd definitely feel weird and confused if only a portion of people were listed on a seating chart.

If you did an open seating plan, will people allocate themselves amicably naturally?

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
  • I understand where you are coming from. I'm in a similar situation.I am assigning tables rather than doing reserved tables. It's easier and you don't have to worry about other guess being offended.

Assign immediate family to the tables near the head table and other guest accordingly. It will also help you in the end because you can control the room.Ex: Family that you know doesn't get along you can sit on differ tables etc.

I hoping this works for me too.

Good Luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards