Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Sweetheart Table Ideas/Gift Table Ideas

Hello all!
Wondering if anyone could help me, and perhaps jumpstart my creativity! I am completely stumped on what to do for the sweetheart table, decoration wise. Id like something I could do myself. 
Just a little info on the Wedding and venue. 
It is an outdoor wedding, and will be taking place mid-october. We are going for a sort of rustic feel, i guess is what you would call it. Our colors are Lavender and Sage, and I am using twine in the centerpieces. 

Also on a side note, what would you prefer for a card box?

An actualy tiered box, painted with twine accents, or a bird cage decorated with twine?

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

weddingcountdown.com Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!

Re: Sweetheart Table Ideas/Gift Table Ideas

• Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I much prefer bird cages, but apparently they are "dated."  ::shrug::  I went to my cousin's wedding last weekend and no one recognized the card box - they all thought it was another present on the gift table.  They ended up with lots of cards spread all over the table instead of in the box.

I've never really seen sweetheart tables decorated until this past weekend either.  I'm a less is more girl.  But, they had a cute little painted sign that said "Mr. and Mrs. HisLastName" - it was super cute and surrounded by tea light candles.
  • Options
    The only decoration we had on our sweetheart table was my flower bouquet and our toasting flutes.  Maybe that's boring, but I didn't have to pay the florist for another centerpiece.  I saw some cute "Mr. and Mrs." signs on etsy/pinterest though, that could tie in with your rustic feel.

I also like the birdcage card holder, kinda wish I did that for my wedding.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited October 2012
    I love a birdcage for an outdoor wedding.

Usually sweetheart tables are simply decorated with the brides bouquet candles, maybe a cute sign, etc.  You aren't going to be at the table that long so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

A girl on my local got mugs from Anthropologie that spelled "LOVE" and put hydrangea in them.  Super cute.

http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/product/shopgifts-monogram/78404.jsp
  • Options
    i like when the sweetheart tables are decorated.
    you can do just short flower arrangements adn perhaps some nice hurricane lamps with candles

i never got the 'birdcage' thing. i've only ever seen boxes.

• Options
    My reception venue decorated our sweetheart table for us.  They had some clear cylindar vases of different heights.  The BM bouqets were put in them for the evening.  My boquet was also used on the table. They also used the votives we provided to them for all the tables.  I would ask your venue if they do anything with the table first.

Also, my venue provided us with a bird cage for the cards.  I'm glad they did because I purchased a box to DIY and after spray painting it, all the flaws showed up!  I had just started the project when we went to our 50% payment appointment and were shown all these different options I didn't know they had - like the bird cage and table numbers!
  • Options
    I am planning on doing a sweet heart table. I found this picture and fell in love with the decor!

• Options
    Thank you everyone for all of the amazing posts and suggestions! I definitely have some great ideas. 

Also, I ran the birdcage idea by my FI and my mother and they both loved it! Thanks! :)

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

weddingcountdown.com Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards