Wedding Reception Forum
Options

What would you expect...

to do at a breakfast recpetion? We are having a sunrise wedding and then a breakfast recpetion. I know we will be having a first dance and still throwing the bouqet/garter and I will be having music playing while everyone eats, but do you think people will be wanting to dance at a breakfast reception?

Re: What would you expect...

• Options
    edited January 2012
    6:20am, I don't want dancing. More of just mingling and eating. Thanks!
  • Options
    I saw in a earlier post that your ceremony starts at 6:30am! Well I think I would stay away from a dance, people probably don't want to dance around 8:00 or so in the morning. I would expect to go to the wedding, go for the breakfast and go back home to sleep.
  • Options
    JadziaDaxJadziaDax member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited January 2012
    6:20am? I'd probably RSVP yes and then accidentally over sleep! I hope your guests are morning people. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am not a morning person so I'd probably expect to go to the ceremony, go to breakfast, and then drive home.  If I was local I'd go home and take a nap.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Options
    I am wondering why a wedding at 6:20am? Is this really to watch the sunrise? 
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Yes, it is a sunrise wedding. We think the sunrise is romantic and as a photographer I watch sunrises often and there is not a better time for lighting!
  • Options
    6:20 am?!?  what the hell!
  • Options
    Just curious - what happens if it rains?
  • Options
    Do a sunset wedding instead. 6:20 am is rude to your guests and wedding party.  The idea of getting up at 4:30 am is not appealing.  If you do an evening wedding, you will more than likely get more mingling and dancing.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_would-expect?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:1b9c286b-d4cb-4fa5-b4f7-ed48cee9d368Post:b9f8dd3d-7e07-4f9d-a675-c18cb7e7b07e">Re: What would you expect...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do a sunset wedding instead. 6:20 am is rude to your guests and wedding party.  The idea of getting up at 4:30 am is not appealing.  If you do an evening wedding, you will more than likely get more mingling and dancing.
    Posted by vsgal[/QUOTE]
    I love this idea.  Guests will be much more likely to be willing to attend a sunset wedding, and still beautiful lighting
    PersonalMilestone Daisypath Anniversary tickers image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_would-expect?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:1b9c286b-d4cb-4fa5-b4f7-ed48cee9d368Post:b9f8dd3d-7e07-4f9d-a675-c18cb7e7b07e">Re: What would you expect...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do a sunset wedding instead. <strong>6:20 am is rude to your guests and wedding party</strong>.  The idea of getting up at 4:30 am is not appealing.  If you do an evening wedding, you will more than likely get more mingling and dancing.
    Posted by vsgal[/QUOTE]

This.
    I just cant believe anyone would pick this wedding time.
  • Options
    I don't think people will criticize it to your face, but they will definitely be complaining behind your back.  I'd expect a small turnout, and for people to not hang around the reception that long after the meal.  They'll be too tired.  And really, it's more important to you to have nice photo ops than to make your guests comfortable? 
  • Options
    Since I don't know you, your family or friends, I'm not going to try to talk you out of a sunrise wedding, but I can say as a guest, I would hate the idea! Still...if you're going to do it, I wouldn't expect a long reception. I would imagine guests will come, eat, mingle a bit and leave to go take a nap. I wouldn't expect any dancing or a long reception.
  • Options
    My friend was invited to a sunrise wedding. Her husband refused to go. She was not happy about going either, but she did, alone. I sure would not be happy. She said many guests couldn't wait to go home to sleep. Consider a sunset wedding.
  • Options
    I'm totally in the minority here.  Let me state ahead of time that yes, I do understand how this is a bit rude to guests and I completely get why people wouldn't go.

That being said, I think the wedding sounds lovely.  I'd totally go... moaning and groaning about being sleepy, but once there, I'd think it was just so beautiful. 

I'd like to request that mimiosas are available at the reception.  :-)
  • Options
    I don't think inconveniencing your guests is worth the photo op.  I recommend you do a day after session with your photographer at sunrise.
    Visit The Nest! image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I don't think that having an early morning wedding is rude because your guests can choose whether or not they want to come.  If a sunrise wedding is what you and your FI want and realize that many of your invited guests may decline your invitation and are fine with that then by all means go on with your planning.

But from a guest perspective, I wouldn't even get up at 6:30am to do something fun for myself, let a lone get up even earlier to get ready and attend a wedding.

And like a PP asked, what happens if it is crappy weather and rains its butt off?  Then you still have a super early wedding without that wonderful lighting that you love so much.  IMO, do you engagement pics during sunrise and then have your wedding at sunset.

• Options
    alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited January 2012
    why not have pics of you and FI at sunrise and then have a sunset wedding?

• Options
    Yes, I went to a sunrise wedding. And I loved dancing at the reception. It was very unique it is something I won't forget, and I haven't been to another since.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards