Wedding Reception Forum
Options

XP: Champagne Bar

I want to have a champagne bar. As a guest, what would you prefer? A bar with different juices, liquors and garnishes or 2-3 premade cocktails to choose from?

We are purchasing all our own liquor, beer, wine, etc. and the caterer is providing the bartenders.

Re: XP: Champagne Bar

• Options
    I guess I should have added that the champagne bar would be an addition from the full bar.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    We had a Champagne Bar and it was a huge hit at our reception. We did 4 specialty drinks and had a bartender there to make them (not premixed). they all had fun garnishes which really added to the drinks:

Perfect Pear
    Ingredients: Pear nectar, Champagne, Pear (halved, seeded and thinly sliced)
    Directions: Thirty minutes before serving, place the champagne flutes in the freezer to chill. Place 2 tbsp. of the pear nectar and 1 slice of pear in the bottom of each glass, top with the sparkling wine. Serve immediately.

Diamond Fizz
    Ingredients: 2 oz. Gin, Lemon juice from ½ lemon, 1 tsp. Powdered Sugar and Champagne
    Directions: Shake gin, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a champagne glass. Fill with chilled champagne, garnish with Rock Candy Stirrer, and serve

Blushing Bride
    Ingredients: 2 oz. Rose Essence, 1 oz. Raspberry Puree, Champagne
    Directions: Add the rose essence and raspberry puree to a champagne flute. Top off with chilled brut sparkling wine or champagne. Garnish with a fresh raspberry.
    Something Blue
    Ingredients: 1 oz. Blue Curacao, Champagne and fresh blueberries
    Directions: Put blueberries in bottom of glass, fill with champagne until ~ ¾ full and top with Blue Curacao

I made special menus for the bar & we dressed it up with a custom sign & magnum bottles of champagne. Here are some pics:

• Options
    I love a champagne Bar! All the ones that I have been to have been a hit. They typically had different types of berries/fruit to garnish with then oj and atleast one other juice to mix with it as an option.

A close friend was married 2 weeks ago and had a champagne bar, they were able to bring their alcohol in as well. They had 28 bottles of chamgagne and went through every single bottle for approx 350ppl along with the open beer and 3 types of wine. So it might be a regional thing also but it definitely did not go to waste.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards