Wedding Reception Forum
Options

seating chart poster template

Does anyone have one of these? I keep looking online, but all the ones I find have malware, are no longer there, or I have to order my seating chart through them. I want to use a poster instead of place cards & just get it printed at kinkos. 

Thank you!!!

P.S. I don't have microsoft publisher, so I can't use any of those files, unless it is converted.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: seating chart poster template

• Options
    mcskatcatmcskatcat member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    The way we did our seating chart was more about numbers than about the visual aspect.  We wrote out the name of each party (Mr. and Mrs. Jane Doe, or the Doe family if there were more) and the # in each party on an index card.  From there, we went about pairing index cards in groups of eight.  Once we had everything grouped up, then we looked at the visual display of the set-up and just plugged groups into tables.  It really was easy, and I think it's one of the easiest ways to move people around and match up tables.  

Edit:  So you want just a big display for people to figure out where they sit?  I would still match them up the way I described above, and then just make an alphabetical list with the table numbers corresponding.  If you do that, you could just still have Kinkos or wherever blow up a regular document.

For example:  

Mr. and Mrs. A 1
    Mr and Mrs B 2
    Mr and Mrs C 3

I
  • Options
    I used the one on here and you can then print it?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_seating-chart-poster-template?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:1c91b076-a4eb-46fb-ad1a-f3ca5f475c1aPost:9bdb7be1-3e44-4fed-baa8-b16887e6b6b3">seating chart poster template</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does anyone have one of these? I keep looking online, but all the ones I find have malware, are no longer there, or I have to order my seating chart through them. I want to use a poster instead of place cards & just get it printed at kinkos.  Thank you!!! P.S. I don't have microsoft publisher, so I can't use any of those files, unless it is converted.
    Posted by spartybride3[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Wedding Wire also has one where you can add tables, seat guests, and then print
  • Options
    Well, I'm not looking for something to help me organize seats. I am more looking for something to help me make a poster with all my quests names & their tables numbers. See attached. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would still just design a Word document and have it blown up.  That will be the easiest and most reasonably priced route.  If you go through a wedding service, they are going to charge you more just because of that little "wedding" word, so approach it from a different angle.  

It looks like you already have one picked out, so I would still just get that into a regular document and take it to Kinkos or a copy store and they can help you.
  • Options
    Check on weddingbee, the DIY section
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards