Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Centerpiece Give Away

How are you giving away your centerpieces after the recepetion? Are you going to have the DJ announce something?
Anniversary

Re: Centerpiece Give Away

• Options
    I didn't give them away.  If you have a few people that want them, I would say something to them more privately.  Having the DJ make and announcement makes me think of a raffle or something like that.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    Our guests just took them.  We didn't have flowers.  Instead we used classic albums and melted record bowls.  So the music buffs went around to each table and took the records that they wanted.  I had one guest that walked out with about 20 albums.

In your case, you can mention it to the table as you do table visits.  Once one person takes the centerpiece, they will all disappear. 

If you have any leftover and you do not want them, you can give them to parents or donate them to a local retirement home.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • Options
    I think we're giving ours away, we don't have use for all of them after the wedding. My mom went to a wedding this past weekend and the DJ announced that one person from each table had to pick up a piece of silverware, when the music started they passed the spoon/fork/knife around the table, and when the music stopped whoever had the silverware got the centerpiece.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_centerpiece-give-away?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:1d8e030e-8062-4de4-9e4c-0d4a45af93a1Post:7ea5261a-0528-4df2-b122-8b825fa11844">Re: Centerpiece Give Away</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think we're giving ours away, we don't have use for all of them after the wedding. My mom went to a wedding this past weekend and the DJ announced that one person from each table had to pick up a piece of silverware, when the music started they passed the spoon/fork/knife around the table, and when the music stopped whoever had the silverware got the centerpiece.
    Posted by JennandJoel2010[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I heard of one where the DJ asks one person at the table to take out a dollar bill and they pass it around the table. When the music stops, the person who has the dollar gets to keep the bill and the person who gave the dollar gets to keep the centerpiece!
    Anniversary
  • Options

Our centerpieces are also doubling as favors and place cards and dessert.  So I'm hoping they all go home. 

• Options
    I put a card that said "This center piece reserved for..." on only a few of the tables. then any that weren't spoken for were up for grabs.
  • Options
    I think I will have like certain chairs have something underneath so a random person will have the chance to win. If they don't want it then they can give it away to whom ever wants it. That way there is no fuss.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're giving ours to our aunts.
  • Options
    We are just going to let people take them if they want them. We're not making an announcment though. You can also take any left over centerpieces you have and sell them on here or on craigslist ect.! People are always looking for a better deal on wedding decorations!!! Plus you can make some extra money, that's always a plus!
  • Options
    This is something similar to what our DJ is doing to give away centerpieces. I think its a great idea.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 150 Invited
    image 16 are ready to party! image 0 missing out image134 are slow strolling
    RSVP Date: April 29
  • Options
    My FI is welding all of the centerpieces, I'm going to give them to my family members/wedding party after the wedding along with a wedding picture since they're photo holders. (pics in bio)

I'm thinking of making wine glass lamps too, I'll give those to my MOH for when she gets married, since she loves the idea.
  • Options
    they can take them if they want them
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_centerpiece-give-away?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:1d8e030e-8062-4de4-9e4c-0d4a45af93a1Post:96384426-cf42-4af2-8715-1a6b940bc9cb">Re: Centerpiece Give Away</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ours are rented from the place we're having our reception so I really hope people don't just take them.  Is there a courteous way to say "please don't take the centerpiece, it's a rental"?
    Posted by laurenb09[/QUOTE]

I went to a wedding shower (not mine) at a banquet hall recently and someone tried to take a huge rented centrepiece home - luckily they were spotted before they got it out of the room. But I don't really know how you can pre-empt that in a polite way (without sounding like you think your guests are light fingered).
  • Options
    How did you specify for certain people to get them and for people not to walk off with them?
  • Options
    @Jennyg930 - This thread is over 3 years old.  The people that posted are probably no longer active on this site.  It would be best if you created a new thread if you have questions.

That said, I would never ever walk off with a centerpiece if not told I could take it.  Some people even rent centerpieces/vases, so for someone to assume they could just take it is rude.

At our wedding, we told family members who were around at the end of the night to take them home.  No one just walked off with them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards