Wedding Reception Forum
Options

How much alcohol to buy for 175 people?

I am having about 175 people at my  outdoor wedding in June. I am planning on serving two signature cocktails, wine, beer and some liquor. The coctail hour is going to be almost two hours and the reception and dancing time will be about 6 hours. Does anyone have any idea of how much we would buy? We are thinking also that we would buy kegs! Thanks!

Re: How much alcohol to buy for 175 people?

• Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    I've heard to plan on one drink per hour per adult guest.  Some will drink more, and some will drink less, but this isn't a bad average.    Since it's outdoors in June, I would imagine that people will want cooler and more refreshing beverages -- more beer, white wine, or chilled cocktails.  A keg isn't a bad idea -- just think about what kind of glasses you will serve it in.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    We are going with 8 beers per person, for 150 people and 40 bottles of wine (four glasses per person) but most of our guest are beer drinkers. Also outside wedding in June will be hot, have you considered frozen drinks? We are thinking of using a company called frozen de-lites $125 for the day, it serves about 100 drinks per mixture, they supply the mix for the first round of drinks, minus the alcohol. Drink mix refills run between 20 and 30 dollars. $125 (rental) + 30 (refill mix) + 60 (alcohol) = $215 100 serverings per mix is $2.15 per drink.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards