Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Grand Entrance song

So we finally booked our DJ last night and on their website is a music library that lists top wedding songs by category.  We were looking at the grand entrance songs and I, jokingly, said we should do our entrance to "Another one bites the dust".  Unfortunately for me, my fiance loved the idea..... is this tacky or funny??

Re: Grand Entrance song

• Options
    I think that's not too uncommon actually, and I would think it's funny if I heard it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah it's pretty common, I've seen it used before. I don't think it's tacky.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    I think it's funny!
  • Options
    The lyrics are actually pretty creepy. I remember it being banned from radio stations for a while after Columbine.
  • Options
    It's pretty common.  I personally find it funny, not tacky.
  • Options
    Lots of people use it ... I actually don't think too many guests actually pay attention to the entrance song. I could be wrong, but of all the details people talk about post-wedding, I never hear anybody mention the entrance songs.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_grand-entrance-song-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:26873bea-f564-4a89-9947-eb2333e73ffaPost:b784b408-8b8a-4ccc-9916-6f55c5598a74">Re: Grand Entrance song</a>:
    [QUOTE]. Then, you've obviously never attended a wedding where the couple entered to the song "Roxanne" and then naughty-tangoed their way to the center of the dance floor to await the song for their first dance.  :)
    Posted by StageManager14[/QUOTE]

Well, damn, Stage, I can honestly say I happened to miss that one, lol.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Options
    I don't think it's funny -- it overall just seems in poor taste to me, comparable to the cake toppers of the bride dragging the groom by his hair, or things that play off the ball and chain concept.

I don't think weddings have to be oh-so-serious and there's definitely a place for personality, but I don't find any hint of marriage being doom and gloom appropriate at a wedding. So yeah, I'd roll my eyes at the song.
  • Options
    Funny. It would be tacky during the wedding ceremony, but as your entrance song for the reception it's fine. I don't think anyone would seriously misconstrue it to mean that you two actually believe that marriage is "doom and gloom." It's a joke.
  • Options
    People remember the fun entrances! I personally don't remember the songs people walked out to that did not catch my attention.
    We are walking out to the A-team theme song! Our friends and family will love it because they know us as a couple.
    Have fun with it! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards