July 2012 Weddings
Options

Flowergirl dresses check and question

We just decided on the FG dresses. They will be the dress pictured on the blonde girl below, in ivory. (DB link <-- clicky)

Here is the dress from the back. It does not come with a sash, but I'd like to get them for the girls. The one in the picture is this (<--clicky), which I really like, but doesn't come in the color I need (dusty rose / pink). Anyone have suggestions on where else I could look for the sashes? I especially like the DB b/c it comes pre-arranged in a perfect bow, but they don't have a pink option (which I find strange!).
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Flowergirl dresses check and question

• Options
    I love the dress! It's adorable. 

I am having a similar problem with David's bridal colors. They just don't have the pink that I'm looking for, either (more of a light pink to blush color).

Have you thought about trying to make your own sash? It is not as complicated as it might seem. I found this pattern (<--- click link) for a very basic, long sash that you would be able to make into a bow.

There used to be something called Alchemy on Etsy that allowed you to request custom made things from the Etsy community. But I just found out that they discontinued it last year! I don't know if there is anything else that is similar, or if maybe you could take your idea to a local seamstress/tailor. This way you could get exactly what you want!

• Options

Cute dress!!! You probably could order a sash from somewhere other than David's Bridal?

doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_flowergirl-dresses-check-and-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:62f3b98f-4560-4b75-827e-61696d1141d7Post:810c7b51-21d8-4614-8da0-bc2a085b83fd">Re: Flowergirl dresses check and question</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cute dress!!! <strong>You probably could order a sash from somewhere other than David's Bridal?
    </strong>Posted by mekiakoo[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what I want to do, I just am blanking on where to look. I'll def try Etsy. I thought J.Crew had them, but they don't seem to anymore.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Sara - thanks! Those are good ideas. I don't feel like I have the time or energy to make them myself with the 101 other to-do's. I never knew about the Alchemy thing on Etsy... that sounds really cool - why would they take that away??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_flowergirl-dresses-check-and-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:62f3b98f-4560-4b75-827e-61696d1141d7Post:64c524f3-38b4-45b7-9e60-85f5fdf0fa16">Re: Flowergirl dresses check and question</a>:
    [QUOTE]@Sara - thanks! Those are good ideas. I don't feel like I have the time or energy to make them myself with the 101 other to-do's. I never knew about the Alchemy thing on Etsy... that sounds really cool - why would they take that away??
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

<div>Lol, I hear ya with the todo list. I don't know why they took it away, but it makes me sad that they did. Would have been perfect for you!</div>
  • Options
    Well technically there are pink options  (coral and guava) just not the pink your looking for.  i think your best best of those options is the guava if you have to have that exact sash. otherwise you'll probably have to get it somewhere else.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options
    Maybe it's my computer, but the guava and coral look very red / orange to me. I don't need an exact pink color match, but I'm not seeing anything close from them. That's why I'm looking for ideas on other stores to look at...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    The guava and coral look orange toned to me too. The watermelon is very bright (my bridemaids tried on sample dresses in watermelon, and it was pretty, just quite a bit brighter than we are looking for). I have the DB Bridesmaid dress book and compared the colors there with my computer and thought the same thing. DB does have a pink option for the bridesmaid dresses, it's much more of a pink/rose color. I don't know if they could do that for you, though. Hey what about ordering the sashes in a cream color and then pinning some pink flowers to the front? Just an idea.
  • Options
    Love the dress!  I would definitely check etsy.  Also if there are other bridal shops in your area check there to see if you can just order a sash.
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I know you said you don't want to DIY it, but could you just get ribbon from a crafts store - like a nice, heavy duty kind? It will be less substantial of course, but knowing children, they're going to mess with it anyway, right? :) Plus it'll be much cheaper. Just a thought!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    All good ideas - thanks :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards