Wedding Reception Forum

What colors go with ivory?

Hi everyone!

I recently bought a wedding dress which turns out to be ivory. I had always picture myself having a black and white wedding and there was going to be a hint of yellow. Well when I found THE dress i thought it looked better in ivory and decided to go down that road.

I'm just stuck trying to figure out what will go with ivory besides black. I had for the longest time pictured it being black and white so I'm stuck on that. My mom suggested maroon or purple but neither of those colors appeal to me. Any suggestions?

Re: What colors go with ivory?

• So just switch to ivory and black. It will still have the same affect and the yellow still goes
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • I love ivory with gold or brown. but it depends. My wedding colors are ivory, gold, and chocolate.  My dress is white though.
    MelJ Wedding Countdown Ticker image 218 Invited so far!
    image 134 Are ready to party!
    image 17 Will be missing out!
    image 67 Are MIA!
  • Ivory is a neutral, so literally every color goes with it. 

And FWIW:  my DD had an ivory dress.  99.99% of her guests would have said her dress was white.  The .01 who would have said ivory was a bride planning her own wedding.

Oh:  and her colors were lavender and honeydew melon green.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Thanks! I was looking at a light green color or a pastel color in general. I know the people who were with me when I picked out the dress thought it was more of an off white color than ivory.
  • I had a black and white wedding.  My dress was ivory.  Nobody cared.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Any colors can go. You can stick with your black and yellow or maybe you can let your venue help you decide.. If you fall in love with a church or building maybe the colors inside the building can give you the answer you need. 
  • Well, to the extent we had colors, they were probably ivory, gold, burgundy, and brown.  However, most people looking at an ivory dress would say it is white.  So if you want a black and white wedding, just make it ivory and black.
  • You can still do black/white/yellow which is very chic.  I actually used a mixture of black/white/ivory and then the other main color was champagne.
  • Just because your dress color is called "ivory" doesn't mean it looks ivory. 

If it looks off-white, then you can still have your black and white theme with whatever accent color(s) you want.  It will be fine.  A little touch of yellow, or green, or both will look great.

• My wedding colors are black and white with an accent color of sunny yellow...... my dress is light ivory, I don't include my dress with the wedding colors... bridesmaids, flowers etc. but not my dress. 
  • A real pretty emerald green or lime green will be nice, I think.
  • This thread is from the year 2010.  I think the OP has had her wedding by now.  Please don't resurrect vampire threads.
    @knotporscha please close this thread.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards