Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Introductions/ garter removal,and toss/ bouquet toss.

Okay, so I need music for the introduction of the bridal party, and the two of us. We are both very funny people and I would like our music to reflect that. For instance my brother got married last year and used the Jaws theme song to be introduced  with for he and his bride. We are looking for something similar and funny... any suggestions?
Also, we need funny music for the removal and tossing of the garter... any ideas?
I was thinking of something funny like "the eye of the tiger" for the tossing of the bouquet... but im not sure if i really like that or not.

Our wedding is June 18th 2011 and we don't have a ton of time to be looking all over so i thought I would turn to other brides that I may be able to help out in other areas.

Re: Introductions/ garter removal,and toss/ bouquet toss.

• Options
    I always thought the the Darth Vader theme was funny at weddings.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    A few of my friends have walked into "The Final Countdown" by Europe
  • Options
    You could try a cartoon theme, depending on what you watch, the simpsons or such!Smile
  • Options
    We aren't doing the garter/bouquet thing, so no help there.

FI wants to walk in to the theme from Monday Night Football. 

I don't think we're going to have intro music.  Undecided
  • Options
    for the boquet toss we're doing single ladies by beyonce....
  • Options
    Our whole WP and us walked into "I Gotta Feeling" by Black Eyed Peas.  I know it's definitely done a lot, but I thought it definitely got the night started on a fun and upbeat note.

For the garter removal we did the song "The Stripper" which is just the old instrumental song you always here.  If you don't know it, google it and you will know it.  

For the garter toss we did "The Danger Zone" from Top Gun, by Kenny Loggins.  

For the bouqet toss we did "Single Ladies" by Beyonce.  Our other choice was Pat Benetar's "Hit Me With Your Best Shot."  
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_introductions-garter-removaland-toss-bouquet-toss?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:43b9ae92-bb21-4f08-af06-28ca4be6626dPost:8ab0f780-29f8-422d-8853-3e2f53331b68">Re: Introductions/ garter removal,and toss/ bouquet toss.</a>:
    [QUOTE]We aren't doing the garter/bouquet thing, so no help there. <strong>FI wants to walk in to the theme from Monday Night Football.</strong>  I don't think we're going to have intro music. 
    Posted by RebeccaB88[/QUOTE]

Rebecca I think the MNF theme is hilarious!  Wish I had thought of that!

For garter removal, my DH picked "Oh Yeah" by Yello.  It was pretty funny, I thought.

For bouquet I did "Single Ladies" and we walked in to "I Gotta Feeling"--in 2009 these were pretty fresh but have been played out now I think.
  • Options
    For your intro, "Another One Bites the Dust" by Queen
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Our entire WP, along with us, is walking into the reception to the theme from Curb Your Enthusiasm. It is so us.

We aren't doing a bouquet toss and definitely not a garter toss. If we were doing the bouquet I would have chosen Single Ladies by Beyonce.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    thank you everyone for all the great ideas... it has really helped alot! 
  • Options
    Let's Get Ready to Rumble...lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards