Wedding Reception Forum
Options

How do you pick??

Dilemma! My fiance and I have narrowed it down to two reception venues- both BEAUTIFUL. So, how do you choose between two fabulous venues?

The first is in downtown Minneapolis and overlooks the entire city. It would provide and elegant and sophisticated space. Plus, it is part of a hotel which is perfect as I have tons of out of town guests coming in.

The second venue is also downtown but on an island that gives a beautiful backdrop of the city's skyline. With exposed brick and high ceilings it gives a rustic yet classy feel. A very unique space that our guests would not soon forget.

So, again- what is the tie breaker? 

Re: How do you pick??

• Options
    Do you have pictures or links of both venues? That would help me visualize it better! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Which feel do you and your fiance want?  For me, I would want rustic/elegant, which sounds like the second place. 

Also think about whether you have to use a certain caterer with one of the venues, and if so, do you like the caterer?  Is one more DIY (and do you want that)?  I assume it won't be a problem your guests to get hotel rooms regardless of which you pick?  It sounds like they're equally easy to get to for your out of town guests.  Those are just some things FI and I thought about when we narrowed it down to two locations :).  Good luck!
  • Options
    Are you sure both places are available on the date you're wanting?  I'd also check prices and see what each includes and which fits into your budget better.  It sounds like you can't go wrong either way.
  • Options
    which one offers your more for your money? 
  • Options
    fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2011
    What kind of vibe do you want--elegant and sophisticated or rustic?  I wanted a very classic wedding and I'm a city girl so I would pick #1.  But that is just me.

My husband and I got married at our favorite Dallas hotel where we went for drinks on our first date.  So it was special to us but is also had the vibe we wanted (traditional/classic), was in a good location, had a great bar and restaurant for our OOT guests, fit our guest size, was available on our date, and was in our budget.
  • Options
    They are both extremely different, decide what kind of wedding you would like. 
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_pick?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:5Discussion:4bd83dee-f6b1-4187-a610-6c39e951dc1dPost:08f7a00f-cc95-4cb3-8153-7bc3cf3131a9">How do you pick??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dilemma! My fiance and I have narrowed it down to two reception venues- both BEAUTIFUL. So, how do you choose between two fabulous venues? The first is in downtown Minneapolis and overlooks the entire city. It would provide and elegant and sophisticated space. Plus, it is part of a hotel which is perfect as I have tons of out of town guests coming in. The second venue is also downtown but on an island that gives a beautiful backdrop of the city's skyline. With exposed brick and high ceilings it gives a rustic yet classy feel. A very unique space that our guests would not soon forget. So, again- what is the tie breaker? 
    Posted by Shanrourke[/QUOTE]

The hotel doesn't happen to be either the Millennium or the Marquette? I've done events at both. And Nicolette Island I assume you're referring to? I've been to and planned events at all; I could probably give you some tips!
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    eeenie meenie myneee moe....

If all else is equal and you'll be happy at both places - you can always just choose whichever is less expensive.

Alternately - you could use one place for the wedding and the other place for a rehearsal dinner or wedding shower.

• Options
    Yes! It is between Windows on Minnesota- part of the Marquette Hotel and Nicollet Island Pavilion. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I made a spreadsheet to put each option at each of my options against one another (Like how much it was flat, how much it was for security, hours of the in/out times, my estimated cost of the caterer at each venue) having everything lined out helped me put everything in perspective. One venue may be a lot prettier over the other and may end up being cheaper but the hidden fees may kill you in the end. HTH!
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Venue
    Outside in the Sunken Garden in front of the LeFer Hall
  • Options
    If you really can't choose, base your decision off a technicality. Which is cheaper? Which is most accommodating/flexible? Does one offer something that the other does not? I'm having the same issue, but with caterers. Both are great, so we are really nitpicking. If you still can't decide, flip a coin. I'm sure either choice would be just fine since you love them both.

Photobucket

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards