Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Unique!

What is the most unique thing you have seen/ are doing at a wedding?

Re: Unique!

• Options
    I have seen a garter auction, not toss.  It's new to me and I am not quite sure I like it!
    dont make ur password so easy. gbck2CA2 hahahaha
  • Options
    We're offering both Heritage Tours and Flashlight Heritage Tours of our venue for guests during the reception...... www.Trans-AlleghenyLunaticAsylum.com
  • Options
    I'm sure my guests will call a lot of the elements of our wedding unique, but I got most of them from somewhere else.  The only thing that we came up with on our own was the cake.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_unique?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:4c68e2ff-8285-4744-8b10-ee45e29674c2Post:865f456a-f6c8-4213-a3a3-e064ae87864c">Re: Unique!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm sure my guests will call a lot of the elements of our wedding unique, but I got most of them from somewhere else.  The only thing that we came up with on our own was the cake.
    Posted by aerinpegadrak[/QUOTE]

Actually, that's the same with us.  Though, I guess some would consider our table names unique.  They were named after the cities my H and I have visited together in Italy, and they each had two pictures that we took in each of the cities.
  • Options
    Two things I have never seen before or since at a wedding:
    A cake and punch reception at the church immediately following the ceremony, immediately followed by a dance at a different location across town.

Same wedding had sheet cakes to supplement a fake display cake. The sheet cakes were in plain view of everyone and were not cut until someone requested the flavor of their choice and they were cut into regular cake slices rather than wedding sizes. People went back multiple times and commented that that was the best cake setup they had ever seen. The wedding was full of people who have no issues with commenting (never to the couple) on something that they find to be offensive, and this did not strike a nerve with anyone, even though many at TK say this type of thing (the cake setup in front of everyone) is completely unacceptable and offensive.
  • Options
    We had a champagne bar & a live event artist.... pics in bio
  • Options
    We are doing centerpieces that look like a stack of gifts.  Its three tiers wrapped in white paper and ribbon with our colors.  What our guests won't know until that day is that in the top box will be a gift card (like a Visa or AMEX Gift card) that they will win.  I am not big on flowers and most of the weddings I have been to people don't want to take the centerpieces home. So I thought that I would give them something they would want.  
  • Options
    Cool idea Felicia! Very nice.
  • Options
    Thanks, thought it would be something different and much cheaper then flowers...bonus!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards